Final System Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I have finally come up with this after reading through lots of reviews:

Intel I7-920, 2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 4.8GT/s Processor
MSI X58 Pro E Motherboard

3*2GB DDR3 Kingston or 2*2GB - Please advice which is better. Would 2*2GB suffice? If so I can save some money there since DDR3 is costly.

Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5850

1TB Seagate SATA Hard drive

Samsung 22X DVD RW

Samsung P2350 24" LCD Monitor (Lavender Series)

Logitech Keyboard and mouse

PSU - Zebronics 800W Platinum - This proves to be a tad costlier. For the configuration above please let me know what wattage would do the trick.

Please let me know any improvements. Also I would use this to play games like COD 4, Far Cry 2 etc., I do plan to overclock my system. If you think some can be reduced to save some bucks please let me know that as well.

The motherboard is Tri-channel and although populating only two channels is acceptable, you're probably better off getting a 3x1Gb kit rather than a 2x2Gb. I wouldn't have thought there was much difference in price between 3 and 6Gb.
A GOOD 650watt PSU ( Corsair TX650w for example) would be more than enough for your system build. Can't say I've ever run across a Zebronics anything -and from the product page Id have to say the 800 watt looks like garbage with LED's...800watts and only 40 amps on the 12v rails ! Oh dear. An 800 watt PSU should have 60+ amps. In addition, the product page not having too much in the way of useful information. You'll notice that the Corsair TX650w is rated for 52 Amps for instance.
The product page for a good PSU will list it's efficiency (ideally over 80%), whether the unit has active PFC (power correction), and often, it's voltage ripple percentage on it's rails. I could not find one review of any Zebronics PSU, nor any detailed information apart from what is listed on it's product page. The PSU is not the place to start skimping. If funds are that tight I would suggest you look at a P55/ Core i5 750 based system- you will get a lot more performance for your money.

Edit: You beat me to it kitty ! Spent too much time looking for that weird PSU's (nonexistant) specs.
Vijay- the build that hellokitty has recommended is a much better proposition on the price/performance scale.

Well if you want to go LGA-1156 i'd rather go for Core i7 860 (i know 750 is very good processor and decent value for money) but i7 860 on that socket is much better value in my humble view specially if you are going use lots of multithreaded applications.

Edit: You beat me to it kitty ! Spent too much time looking for that weird PSU's (nonexistant) specs.
Yeah i'm skimping on my posts now. I've never heard of that brand so I didn't bother; the Corsair 550 is such a good choice its the easy recommendation :).

The i5 750 is a great buy. I'll agree with HK on that.

Check out the MSI GD65 LGA 1156 motherboard. Lots of features at a great price.

Also as DBZ mentioned before, a 650W PSU would be a good buy. It keeps you equipped incase you want to add a second card sometime. Zebronics is not really a good brand. Are you located in India? If so, what's your budget for the rig?

Hi Ritwik,

Yes I am located in Bangalore, India. My budget is somewhere around Rs. 60,000 - 65000.

BTW Here is the config that I came up with after reading all of your comments:

Intel Core i5-750
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD3 /ASUS P7P55-D /Intel DP55KG - Any one of these, but I havent decided yet. What do you guys think? Which one would be better? I will enquire about MSI too.

2*2GB DDR3 - GSKill or Kingston
Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5850
Samsung P2350 lcd monitor
1 tb seagate sata

Cabinet - Corsair tx 650w

BTW I am plannin to overclock my system. So which cooler should I buy. would coolermaster hyper 212 plus for the lga 1156 socket do?..

Ensure you have a cabinet with good airflow.

As for the CPU HSF, depends on your budget and availability of the product in India. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus should actually do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back