Find my installation directory

I am currently using a Windows 8 computer, and I cannot find my installation directory. Ive tried to find Program Files and application data but could not find either of them. Could someone please help me ASAP?

gbhall

I'd be very surprised if there is only one location. I would expect each software developer/software house to do whatever it wants, and MS can also install motherboard drivers, applications and other things all over the place.

In general terms, as a standard user, you would not be allowed access to many or most of those places anyway, even to view them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd be very surprised if there is only one location. I would expect each software developer/software house to do whatever it wants, and MS can also install motherboard drivers, applications and other things all over the place.

In general terms, as a standard user, you would not be allowed access to many or most of those places anyway, even to view them.
So would that mean that I cannot find my installation folder?

LookinAround

Just what are you looking for? and why?

Re: Program Files
> On 32-bit Windows there's only one ProgFile directory
> On 32-bit Windows there's two (one for 32-bit apps, and one for 64-bit apps)

As gbhall mentions, you need to have admin rights and modify File/Folder view options to see app data.

Last edited: