Finding a link to a post based on old BB code [post=nnnn][/post]?

See example below from a post written Dec, 2010
You can also look through [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

The BB code in "old" TechSpot supported [post=766270][/post] syntax. In above example, It generated a hyperlink link to the thread "How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot" (and I now want to know that hyperlink)

"New" TechSpot doesn't support BB code [post=766270][/post]. Is there currently a way to translate the old BB code post # to a URL to the post it represents?

p.s. That old BB code syntax is still "sprinkled" through many of my old posts. That's what I get for trying to make my old BB code text "succinct" :cool: :)

Pointing to a particular post does work, LookinAround is talking about a specific bbcode that made linking to posts easier by using a unique ID. Xenforo doesn't have that functionality, I will "look around" for a modification that provides the same functionality. :)

OK, I got the two functions mixed up because I had noticed that pointing to a particular post doesn't work now, at least not with my Opera. Are you sure it works?

Thanks Julio. It's a "nice to have" but certainly not a priority. To all of you at TechSpot: Thanks for all the good work! (y)

Thanks, I got it now, I’ve worked out what you’ve done. It’s different from before, but once you know how to do it, it’s easy.

My (off topic) question has been answered, I just hope other members know how to do it too.

Back