Finding drivers without internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hard drive recently stopped working, and i had to replace it with a new one. as i am at school, i didn't have an original operating system disk, drivers disk - anything you get with a new computer, i don't have. a friend was able to get me a copy of the operating system through my school. i loaded xp onto my computer, and i now have windows loaded.

however, my computer will not recognize my ethernet cable and therefore won't let me connect to the internet. by doing start > right click my computer > hardware > device manager, i'm able to see that my computer does not recognize the ethernet controller, and that i need a driver for it.

but how can i get the driver if i can't connect to the internet?

suggestions?

a friend was able to get me a copy of the operating system through my school. i loaded xp onto my computer, and i now have windows loaded.
You must use Genuine Windows, many "copied" versions are not only missing important system files, but also include Trojans and hidden (undetectable) rootkits

You need to purchase an authentic Windows CD
Then download the drivers from a computer that is online, and then save them to CD or flash drive.

TechSpot cannot help with "copied" Windows versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back