Finding myself

circusboy01

I'm not really sure where this thread should be. Or if ['m just wasting my time. My last name is Solema My Grand Parents on my fathers side came from Poland.I found a site last night, that showed the origins of polish Sir names. Solema was not among them. Looking deeper into the name I found a company named Solema headquartered
in Italy. Found another Solema company.Couldn't read the type But I think it might have been French. I'm beginning to think that my Polish ancestry only goes back to my Grand Parents, and their parent's came to Poland' from a different country.
Any body with the last name Solema ,or if you know a Solema. I'd like to know what country your heritage is from, I'm wondering if the name Solema is so darn popular that a lot of different country's use it:D Thanks all.

try ancestry.com. if nothing, create yourself and just wait - - suggestions will arrive in your email :)

Consider the possibility that someone changed the spelling of the name or even the name itself awhile back. Sometimes when people go to another country, like the USA, they can shorten a long, difficult to pronounce name or change the spelling of the name or sometimes it gets mistyped on their papers and it never gets corrected.

sure - - great grandpa met a m o r o n i c clerk at Ellis Island, NY and one letter in the name was dropped when registring - - woola - - a new family was 'cloned' in America :)

Consider the possibility that someone changed the spelling of the name or even the name itself awhile back. Sometimes when people go to another country, like the USA, they can shorten a long, difficult to pronounce name or change the spelling of the name or sometimes it gets mistyped on their papers and it never gets corrected.

I knows what you're talking about. They dd that a lot at Ellis Island. But, there was a other way to get into the country. Through Texas. That's the way my grand parent's came. also my Aunt told my sister and and I that the name was not changed I know when I was younger. I used to think it probably was Solemski. or something like that . But it's alway been Solema.Thanks though.I appreciate your reply to my thread.

I'm not really sure where this thread should be. Or if ['m just wasting my time. My last name is Solema My Grand Parents on my fathers side came from Poland.I found a site last night, that showed the origins of polish Sir names. Solema was not among them. Looking deeper into the name I found a company named Solema headquartered
in Italy. Found another Solema company.Couldn't read the type But I think it might have been French. I'm beginning to think that my Polish ancestry only goes back to my Grand Parents, and their parent's came to Poland' from a different country.
Any body with the last name Solema ,or if you know a Solema. I'd like to know what country your heritage is from, I'm wondering if the name Solema is so darn popular that a lot of different country's use it:D Thanks all.

To all of you who read the post above and tried to help me find myself.
I found a Solema born in the 1880s in Poland. So I guess those of my family are Polish. Thanks again CB

Back