Firefox 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been using firefox 2 for a while as unplug wont work on 3 but the otherr day firefox updated itself to 2.0.16 and then my google toolbar wouldnt work no matter what i did it wouldnt work i uninstalled and rebooted it time and time again and nothing

NOW the last few time ive tried with firefox 3 included after i uninstall it and delete every firefox file and reboot it - it says

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system"

ive restarted the comp many a time and nothing

please help as i hate explorer

completely uninstall both programs, and reinstall FF3. FF3 comes with a google search bar.

When you uninstall FireFox make sure the folder is deleted ( C:\program files\FireFox ) to ensure that it's fully uninstalled. Reinstall as Tedster said and tell us if it works.

If you're using v2 of Firefox, you won't get notice of the v3 version because it's not an update, it's a new version. But you don't have to uninstall v2.0.0.16 to download FFv3. When I downloaded v3, it overwrote the earlier version. However, since you now have bits and pieces of v2 'left over', you're going to have to finish removing them before v3 will install-OR reinstall v2.0.0.16 and see if you can save some files.

I suggest you reload v2.0.0.16- see if the browser-current version-will repair itself. If that is successful, DON'T remove any of the Firefox V2.0.0.16 files. Instead, go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0/releasenotes/ and download Firefox v3.0.1 (new3 security update included) from there. Close FF and let the new version install. You can deal with any add-ons that aren't updated for FF3 them. I did not have any problem with he Google Toolbar.

after a few hours

finally got it working i must have uninstalled an deleted it a 100 times thanks guys

NOW ONE MORE Q

how can i get this updated version of unplug to work with FF3 the istructiions which arent very good are in italian

heres the link but because im new it wont let me post it so i had to put a space between all the letters sorry

h t t p : / / d o m 9 3 . a l t e r v i s t a . o r g / s i t o / ? x = e n t r y : e n t r y 0 8 0 6 2 8 - 1 8 2 8 1 6 [ / u r l ]

Sorry, thought there was a download link. I see reviews of this with Firefox v3, but the download itself says "This add-on is for older versions of Firefox"

Looks like you're going to have to wait for an update.

I believe that is the one downside to the new Firefox 3. Plugins and add-ons are not fully developed yet.

Firefox 3 is very new. I don't know of any computer related feature or function that has full use of any and everything when it first comes out. I was able to use most of my add-ons and for those not yet updated, there were other choices. Give them time- Firefox is a very popular browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back