Firefox error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon,
I cannot access my Linux system to the internet. The error message states that the
Firefox could not find the server at google.com

Please, please tell me what to do. It would be nice if I could speak to someone. Is there a phone number to reach you?
Thank you,

No one will want to call and no one will want to give you their number I'm afraid...

Which distribution do you have? Have you tried with any other browser or have you tried pinging anything to ensure your connection is live? Are OS updates downloading ok?

Try to use another browser and check if it is the same error, also check if your internet connection is good.

browser error messages

Yes, I've tried over and over to log on by using other browsers but no success. I have dsl with my phone company and it is suppose to carry up to three rooms. I've spoken with them on several occasions to try and rectify the problem with them but it seems that it's not the dsl problem but the browsers. is there anyway that you can verbally over the phone walk me through this issue?

Billionairess7

I don't think anyone will give you there number as there are a lot of problem if doing that.

Check if you haven't put a proxy that isn't working now.

For that go to Tools(in firefox)->Options->Advanced->Network->Settings(under connection) and check if you have it on manual proxy or no proxy.

Leave a reply after

I think you were talking to some flunkie at your phone company and that person was just trying to get off the hook. Boris and Bailey meow in agreement. I have never heard of a browser causing an Internet connection to fail.

The problem IS either with the phone line or in the Internet setup in your configurations. You will find that in the Control Panel. Look for Internet Connections (or maybe it will be under Network Connections). You might trying going through the wizard again.

Another possibility: the router (if you use one to connect two or more computers).

I think you were talking to some flunkie at your phone company and that person was just trying to get off the hook. Boris and Bailey meow in agreement. I have never heard of a browser causing an Internet connection to fail.

The problem IS either with the phone line or in the Internet setup in your configurations. You will find that in the Control Panel. Look for Internet Connections (or maybe it will be under Network Connections). You might trying going through the wizard again.

Another possibility: the router (if you use one to connect two or more computers).

Sometimes you may not have browser working due to a bad proxy configuration. And for blocking an internet connection a spyware or virus can do it easily sometimes blocking it completely but sometimes also it slows the connection completely thus the download and surfing will be very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back