Firefox, IE and google chrome can't load any website after firefox update

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few days ago, i've updated my firefox to version 3.0.5. after that, i could not browse the internet anymore. i tried using IE and google chrome but they both won't load any site. i've tried reinstalling firefox multiple times, i even uninstalled version 3.0.5 and installed firefox 2, but none of these have worked. i already checked my firewall and firefox, google chrome and IE are all allowed to have full access to the internet. i could use opera to browse the internet, but i like firefox more :D

i would appreciate any help from you guys :)

You either have an infestation, or are missing some essentials.
Do you have all your Windows updates installed?
You might need to clean your registry by going to www.majorgeeks.com to download RegCleaner from the Registry section. This will allow you to explore your registry in a simple way, and delete some stuff for the purpose of starting over.
Also, you may have some security installed that is blocking your system or Firefox or Chrome.
Did you watch carefully for the Windows ActiveX install bar, for instance?

You might benefit from reading through all the install information at the www.mozilla.com site... as there is some very helpful stuff there.
This works for most people, so perhaps you are missing or overlooking something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back