Resolved Firefox redirecting links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay for the first part, I was just surfing the web and I got the annoying Security Tool. (No I wasn't looking at p0rn, I was looking up a solution to my problem with my video frame lag when playing bf2). Anyway, Microsoft Defender caught it and it deleted it (even if the program did start) and I restarted my computer. (Amazingly I also have McAfee on this computer and it didn't even catch the program). After I restarted the computer the "program" was gone, but now I get firefox redirecting my links if I were to open them in a new tab.

Here's the HijackThis log (Both the actual .log file and a .txt file.) I had Chrome and Firefox running at the time with one tab on each open.

Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE:

I forgot to add that this problem is similar to this posting: techspot.com/vb/topic101793.html

Attachments

• hijackthis2.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
We don't 'screen' for malware with HijackThis.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Actually, I used HijackThis to check if there was anything else causing the problem as the malware was already removed from the computer (thanks to windows defender). After using MalwareBytes (quarantining and deleting of infections) the problem was fixed. Thanks for the quick reply.

You're welcome. I am closing the thread at your request. but please understand that you have not completed cleaning the system. HijackThis is a very basic program and does not do any cleaning and as mentioned, it should not be used as a 'screening tool.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back