Firefox running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

techflame23

Hi Guys.
My parents Just got firefox and have found that it takes at least 8-9 minutes to load each time they try to start it. Is this normal or Is something affecting Its performance? If anyone knows anything then I would appreciate you help.
Thanks.

Do they have tab loading on the homepage? How many?
Have they put add-ons or plug-ins on Firefox?
Are they referring just to the launch of the Firefox browser taking 6-7 minutes?
Or are they referring to the startup of the entire system just since they got Firefox?

I use Firefox and load my homepage with 7 tabs. I also have just a few add-ons and the time element is nowhere near several minutes!

Have them try IE and see if there is any noticed delay accessing. That way they can rule out-or in- a connection or startup problem.

No I dont think they have any tabs loading. Nor any Add-ons.
Yes the launch of firefox is taking 6-7 minutes
They used IE up until now and there was no delay accessing it.

Okay, but you need to verify what you 'think'! There is absolutely no reason at all what Firefox should take this long to load!

Verify what version of Firefox they have, the site where they downloaded it> it is possible that 'extras' may have accompanied the download that they are unaware of. Click on Tools> Downloads> check to see what was downloaded.

And it might be best if Firefox was downloaded again from: (Choose this version in the Windows download column)
English (US) English (US) 3.0.1 Download
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html#languages

Save to the desktop> double-lick to install from this setup. IF asked if you want this version to replace existing version, answer yes. See if this works better.

Once this version is installed, click on Tools> Downloads> check to see what else might have been downloaded other than FF v3.0.1 now. It can then be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back