First BSOD on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had my first BSOD on my laptop after turning it on once in weeks. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary (was mostly idling). Can someone help me track down the reason why the system crashed? Attached is my minidump file. I also attempted to try to find out what caused it, but could not understand a single text =(.

Here are a few lines that I kind of understood:
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from 81f5176c

POOL_ADDRESS: 963201d0

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 81f3c00c to 81f1b163

STACK_TEXT:
8c344a74 81f3c00c 000000c2 00000007 0000110b nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
8c344ae8 81fe491b 963201d0 f7564d43 b52af008 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x17f
8c344af8 81fe4897 b52af5cc 00000000 8c344b68 nt!CmpFreeView+0x31
8c344b0c 81fd7626 00000000 8c344c68 80000c10 nt!CmpDestroyHiveViewList+0x86
8c344b68 81fd5224 8c344bbc 00000005 00000000 nt!CmpInitializeHive+0x3de
8c344be0 81fce8c5 8c344c68 00000000 8c344c54 nt!CmpInitHiveFromFile+0x19e
8c344c20 81fccd4c 8c344c68 00000000 8c344c83 nt!CmpCmdHiveOpen+0x36
8c344d1c 81fccf81 00000005 81f5013c 84518828 nt!CmpFlushBackupHive+0x2fd
8c344d40 81fcd05a 81e8641d 00000000 00000000 nt!CmpSyncBackupHives+0x90
8c344d44 81e8641d 00000000 00000000 84518828 nt!CmpFirstBackupFlushWorker+0x8
8c344d7c 82023b18 00000000 173681ae 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xfd
8c344dc0 81e7ca3e 81e86320 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9d
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x16

I suspect it's a driver problem, but then I have no idea which driver is causing it. Thanks

You have a 0xC2 error which are generally caused by Buggy Software or Bad Device Drivers. The MiniDump cites a massive amount of Drivers its 1 of the Worst Problems I have ever seen, I seems as if every program is just clashing with each other.

The best I can suggest is you remove Daemon Tools that seems to be mentioned quite a lot in the Drivers other programs of note in there are Zonealarm, Super Anti-Spyware and SCSI devices which don't seem to be taking a liking at all to what is installed.

If uninstalling Daemon Tools doesn't work then I would suggest you back up your Data and prepare for a Format and Reinstall Of Windows, because it doesn't even look like it is worth debugging it would take a lot of program uninstalling to find the cause I'm Afraid, if you want you can unistall every program apart from Security Software which I think is Reacting because it doesn't like some software.

Also this is how my debug is showing did it show the same for you?
It wasn't even at the end of debugging properly that was 5 mins of debugging.

BugCheck C2, {7, 110b, a070209, 963201d0}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 81f85868
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 81f65420
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for SCSIPORT.SYS -
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for compbatt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for compbatt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iastor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iastor.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for USBPORT.SYS -
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for fwpkclnt.sys -
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for spsys.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for spsys.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SASKUTIL.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SASKUTIL.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for spldr.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for CLASSPNP.SYS -
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tunnel.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk60x86.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk60x86.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndiswan.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for raspppoe.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SASDIFSV.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SASDIFSV.SYS
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw4v32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw4v32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ohci1394.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rimmptsk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rimmptsk.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rimsptsk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rimsptsk.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rixdptsk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rixdptsk.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Apfiltr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Apfiltr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mouclass.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ssmdrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ssmdrv.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for stwrt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for stwrt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for drmk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for drmk.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tcusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tcusb.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for OEM02Dev.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for OEM02Dev.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for OEM02Vfx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for OEM02Vfx.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avipbb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avipbb.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgio.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgio.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_iaStor.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

That was basically what I got on my debug as well, I thought I did something wrong to get so many symbol errors. Anyway I am getting a bunch of errors messages on the window management window and they're mostly coming from Avira AV. If I do a format and install the exact same software that I currently have, would that produce the same problem? I use all of my programs.

Forgot to mention, I don't have ZoneAlarm O.o

It would probably produce the same problem if you just format and reinstalled all programs.

But you could try uninstalling Avira AV and then use something like AVG or Avast. If this doesn't solve the problem then Back-Up your Data and Format and Reinstall the OS, then install 1 program at a time and run the comp for a few hours and continue doing this till you get the problems again, then you would know the last software you installed is the 1 or possibly 1 of the Programs that is causing trouble.

Could you also tell me what programs you currently have installed?

I cannot replicate the first bsod that I got. The bsod happened so randomly that I was not able to isolate the reason. This is a new laptop so I have only a few programs that I use on my desktop.
They are:
Avira
CCleaner
CCCP
Firefox
Daemon
Foxit Reader
HD Tune
AIM
Media monkey
Mirc
RM Clock
Spybot
Steam
Super Antispyware
Winamp
a-squared anti-malware

The system is running just fine and shows no visible sign of any programs conflicting with each other. I would like to fix this issue since I do not want another random bsod if I am doing something important.

Since It took me 5 minutes to get what I listed above I didn't see that what kimsland has listed. Although I would say you don't need 2 Anti-Spyware programs (Spybot S&D and Super AntiSpyware), I would say you should uninstall 1 of them but see if kimsland agrees or not.

I have Zonealarm, AVG and Spybot S&D, I've had them for about 2 years and never had a Malware Problem at all, you would probably only need 1 of each. The only other programs are CCleaner, SpywareBlaster and Malwarebytes, which don't run all the time.

Also will see if clearing the Sound and Graphics drivers will work, I wouldn't have thought Drivers would cause that problem but will see it might teach me something. The Driver kimsland listed is a Windows Kernel Driver by the way.

You must wait for the MiniDump to finish being analyzed
Sometimes it looks as though it has stopped, then the analyse continues
Large amounts of color should be avoided too

I believe the fault is Driver related

Quick Response

Yeah I always wait for it to finish debugging but it took 5 mins for that to appear and it froze I think because it stopped at that point for quite a bit, I think my ISP booted me off at the time so the Debugger Disconnected when I lost the Internet connection. I use the Online File Paths (should have mentioned that).

I always thought the more anti-spyware the better =P. But anyway I'll see what I can do about the driver issue. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back