First Time build and have a boot up problem

Good afternoon. built my first comp. it booted up. Then installed windows 10, all went well, got to the desktop. started installing drivers from Gigabytes website. went to restart and here I am. just keeps telling me that problem with reboot and restarts. goes to the page where I can enter bios, The LED code on the mother board is A^ which tells me "detect and install all connected scsi devices. I installed the F12 bios driver
Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
AMD Ryzen 5800

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• pic2.jpeg
    pic2.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pic1.jpeg
    pic1.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 3
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
I don't see any problems in those screenshots but those errors are strange. The nuts and bolts of system design is to do some research before you purchase parts. Each motherboard manufacturer produces a list of tested components that are known to work with their motherboard. These documents are usually referred to as QVL (Quality Vendor List). These lists get out of date fast but it is a good place to start to check compatibility. Your RAM is one of the most critical components that needs to be selected off a list like that or at least the RAM manufacturer has to have run their own tests for compatibility.

The fact that you got all the way into Windows at least speaks of some basic stability but maybe there is a compatibility problem here? You hardware list is not extensive enough for anyone with any experience in this area to be of much help.

This is the list of hardware I used on the build.
Ryzen 7 5800X: AMD RX 6800, Corsair 5000X RGB: Corsair RM850x: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB: Corsair MP600 2TB M.2 SSD: Corsair H150i Elite Cappelix: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P

Funny thing is I went to the advanced settings to "let the computer fix the problem" and now all works well. I did get a code on the motherboard of D3 which says..."Some of the Architectural Protocols are not Available". Computer boots right up though and windows works great.

Last edited:
Also if nothing else, I will understand a little more now then I did. Also thanks KShipper for the insite on checking the motherboards list of components that may have been tested.

Happy to help! Now that you are in you can check the Event Viewer for any errors (there will be errors) and Google any errors that might concern you or your specific problem. Consider BIOS update for the motherboard (there are usually a lot and they might be layered) and consider getting the Chipset driver right from AMD. Just Google > 'AMD B550 Chipset driver' to find it. It might not hurt to find Memtest and make a bootable USB flash drive and test memory (4 passes) it will take a while to run.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. built my first comp. it booted up. Then installed windows 10, all went well, got to the desktop. started installing drivers from Gigabytes website. went to restart and here I am. just keeps telling me that problem with reboot and restarts. goes to the page where I can enter bios, The LED code on the mother board is A^ which tells me "detect and install all connected scsi devices. I installed the F12 bios driver
Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
AMD Ryzen 5800

Thanks in advance for any help
Hey I just read an article that told me about how the PSU (the power supply) not only supplies power to allow you to turn the computer on and off with the power button, (which I think is kind of wasteful) but after it does that, it needs to verify to the motherboard that it's all good with the power supply. The power good pin in the power supply(in a 24 pin connector, it's the grey wire or pin 8) talks to the motherboard with three to six volts of power and if that doesn't happen then the computer... I personally never experienced this, at least I don't think so and honestly I've been working on computers ever since I was seven, I'm 42 now + I even went to school for the sh*t, and I never knew about that, not until today. I think it has something to do with the power supplies suck nowadays.
I've been using computers ever since I was like 7 years old and I'm 42 now, but yeah trying to power supply bud....... Or it might be as simple replacing the wire with a bigger gauge. Be careful if you do man a lot of power coming out of the power supply have you drilling for a week, if you're lucky. Just use some multimeter you'll figure out the correct voltages congratulations on your first build. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Last edited:
Back