Fix for google redirect links ( worth trying it )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I like to share my experience with people who have problem with google redirect links.

I spent about a week on different forum to find out the solution but wasn't able to fix it becuase all the forums were too busy to reply.

I came accross one solution and have already tried which has fixed my google redirect links problem and also becuase of that i wasn't able to run Visual Studio 2008. Now both issues has been fixed.

1- Download TDSSKILLER from following link

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

2- unzip the folder and put the both exe and txt file on desktop not in any folder.

3- Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bold command into Run box and hit Enter.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -v

4- It will take few second to scan neccessary files and might ask you to reboot your system incase it finds any error.

After restarting your system, try to test the google links.

When done, a log file should be created on your C: drive named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_27.12.2009_14.17.04_log.txt.

I am not saying that its gona fix your issue but i think there is no harm trying it becuase it has fixed mine and might do it for you.
Many Thanks

Hi,

Could you pls explain why is this dangerous and stuip try?

TDSSKILLER programe is developed by kespersky and kespersky comes in top 3 antivirus software and i am using it from last 2 yrs.

Also this website shows that TDSSKILLER has classified as safe.

http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X3939832292257580722-X1/TDSSKILLER.EXE.html.

But i also like to mention that i have just read one thread saying that TDSSKILLER has screwed his pc but the question is t,did he run the right TDSSKILLER.exe from kespersky website or he run some doggy TDSSKILLER.

I would like hear more about this file.

not all redirects are TDSS or TDL3, also, sometimes when TDSSKILLER is used it creates a file atapi.tsk in the drivers folder, when this happens the path must be reset so that the system looks towards the correct location.

Each redirect case must be handled individually and telling someone to use a tool as strong as TDSSKILLER is irresponsible at best.

I would actually think it a good idea for the mods to delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back