Fixed bad sectors, now can't find hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I have a Toshiba Satellite A135 with Windows Vista. A couple days ago it started acting up, freezing up and taking forever to do anything. I ran the error check feature, which located a lot of bad sectors. The computer ran while I was at work, locating the bad sectors. When I got home, I noticed that the computer was unsuccessfully attempting to boot from the network. I went into BIOS and learned that I have no hard drive listed in the main screen. The boot screen also does not have a hard drive listed.

I read in some other threads on this forum that the hard drive might be loose or have a bad connection. I located my hard drive, but I cannot figure out how to take it out and re seat it, and don't want to break it. Any suggestions?

To further complicate things, I lost my system restore disk that Toshiba provided with the new computer. If I were to purchase a new hard drive (or somehow formatted this one) and a new system restore disk, would I be able to reload all the original software and drivers from the system restore disk?

Thanks in advance for any help!

To further complicate things, I lost my system restore disk that Toshiba provided with the new computer. If I were to purchase a new hard drive (or somehow formatted this one) and a new system restore disk, would I be able to reload all the original software and drivers from the system restore disk?
The Toshiba OEM Restore CD would do this. Any generic 'restore disk' would not have the proper drivers and none of the Toshiba Utilities

Start at the Tohsiba website. Click on their support link and look up your model. At a minimum they should have a service manual for your computer telling you (probably with pictures) how to get to that drive. you may find other helpful into or utils there you find useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back