Flight simulator x with a Geforce 8400gs pci card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyman3820

i have a dell e310 with a gig of ram and a 8400 gs pci card i recently purchased.

my new card fails to impress while playing flight simulator x it lags horribly at about 5 fps
it is like watching a slide showwhen i have all the settings on low it stil has fails

i have the latest drivers and i am sure my integrated card is disabled'
it performs well for games like halo combat evolved

it should be performing well in flight simulator because it exceeds all the recommended requirements

the thing that surprises me the most is that my integrated card is crap but it runs fsx smoothly compared to the 8400gs

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Different reviews have different opinions about FS-10's sluggishess. Many have claimed that it's stated requirements are insufficient. Your GeForce 8400gs may or may not be overmatched by this game. Although, the FPS count doesn't need to be a high as perhaps a first person shooter. Still, I'm not quite certain that a flight Sim is going to give you the smoothness you're expecting.

If you can lay your hands on a copy of FS 2004, you might give that a shot, it's requirements are much lower, and it doesn't need to be activated. Even if you have to buy it, I think it's still available at less than $20.00.

Never played it myself, can't say for sure. Best bet is to go through set up and trim everything back to the bare necessities. Try low res and easy settings (!) or (?) dunno. I've seen a few reports of 10FPS or lower with better graphics cards than yours, and some high end CPUs. Try hitting Neweggs reviews of the game, there might be something there to help you.

At today's prices, everybody should have 2 Gigs of RAM installed, whether it helps FS10 or not. It might very well help.

Could you scoot us the type and speed of RAM installed in your box now?

When you say "PCI" graphics card, do you mean PCI-E or actually PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back