Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

DemonVenom

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

Attachments

• r505-sata-hdd-connector-cable-fmush1.jpg
    r505-sata-hdd-connector-cable-fmush1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5
  • r500-hdd-cable-fmuph2.jpg
    r500-hdd-cable-fmuph2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

Attachments

• Zif to Sata.jpg
    Zif to Sata.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
Back