Formating XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I bought a recovery CD-ROM from Toshiba with Xp Pro to format my desktop which is not from Toshiba.

I put this in my pc, pressed F12, and then a screen with "unpack ..." appeared. Everything was ok and unpacked and the CD rejected after having unpacked.

Here is my problem, when I start my desktop a screen with apologises, "Windows didn't start succesfully" appears. "Start Windows Normally" doesn't work. I can't go further because nothing works.

I reinstalled the recovery CD-ROM, but the same problem occurs.

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Thanks a lot!

"I bought a recovery CD-ROM from Toshiba with Xp Pro to format my desktop which is not from Toshiba"...

Why are you trying to use a Toshiba recovery CD on a NON-Toshiba desktop computer? You will need to obtain a standard copy of an XP install disc, and use it

The disk made for Toshiba installs will seek out the EEPROM code that is expected on a Toshiba chip. Since it did not find the EEPROM or the code, it did not install.
You may be able to return the disk for a refund, as they should not have sold it to you without knowledge of the product ID, SN, etc.
Be advised that eve with the "normal version of XP" you will need to download a passle of drivers for chipset, BIOS, video graphics, ethernet, modem, and others... It can amount to as many as 64 downloads, depending on the brand and model, and operating system.

Thanks

Thank you guys,

well I bought the CD on Ebay and they mentionned that I could use it for every pc so that's the reason I have a Toshiba Recovery CD. Anyway,that's the risk of Ebay.

I was nearly sure it was the CD but needed confirmation so thanks a lot.

See you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back