(Forum game) rate the song above you

I don't know perhaps a 6/10 for me. It sounds like its not bad for that genre, but I'm not too big into that sound. Not far off though, so I'll present something not terribly different, but different enough that I like it more:

Little People - Basique (Link goes to their Last.fm page, they don't have a wikipedia page that I could find)

I also wanted to pick something that not everyone has heard before.

9/10. Love that era for just about anything with an electric guitar. Lots of great musicians back then who could play electric with real feeling and emotion. Somewhat of a rarity now-a-days.

Here's a slightly restrained Al Di Meola:

Al Di Meola! 9/10. The guy is a virtuoso. He gets a nice tone off that guitar, too.

This will come off as cheesy in comparison, but I'm a huge Jeff Beck fan. A lot of people don't like his music, though. But maybe it'll open things up a little. Tal Wilkenfeld's bass solo is fantastic on this one and Beck makes the strat sound a little like a jazz trumpet.

8/10 on Beck. That that particular set was phenomenal and Tal Wilkenfeld was amazing throughout. Was actually the first I had seen/heard of her and was immediately impressed.

Hopefully we aren't supposed to be taking proper turns, as this was my favorite performance from that show:

Very nice^...I'll give it 8/10. I have a lot of music like that for those chilling sessions.

I'll pump it up a notch with one of my favorites: Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

9/10, classic song from a classic band.

Here's something a bit um... different

It is surely something different. I like cute asian girls, 10/10 Although 5/10 for the music.

Never been a big fan of love songs, but that's an easy 7/10.

In keeping with that theme, here's an acoustic version of a classic by Richard Page.

Also a 7/10. Reason for the less than stellar score is simply because I'm not really into that style. But oddly enough I really do like just piano music. So, for a change of pace, and because this thread got stagnant, I present:

Ludovico Einaudi - Oltremare

Now, I kind of feel bad for doing this to you guys. Because if you like this song, then you might be a bit let down by the album. The album is fantastic, but there are several earlier songs in the album that play parts of this song, but just as they build up, they never 'climax' like this one does. This song is what all the others were building up to. There are some different versions of this song, different lengths, but its been so long since I've enjoyed this I forget where/what the differences are.

FWIW - Ludovico is #5 on my all time artists played on Last.fm, I've kind of quit using Last.fm for the past couple years, but I have one computer that still sends info, so my recent results are skewed to only what I've played while at that computer - not what I've listened to as a whole.

7/10. It's a nice piece but from 5:00-6:30 it feels like a right hand technique exercise, which is why I didn't give it an 8. I'll definitely have to check out his other music.

To go in the exact opposite direction, here's Dave Weckl and his band performing "Access Denied." I only wish the audio was higher quality so the drum fills could be heard more clearly. Lets keep the thread alive!

Back