FPS drops from 60-70 to 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I've recently got back from vacation and decided to play my Favorite First Person Shooter "CrossFire". So every thing loads up all good and i go in game, so im playing just fine with around 60-70 fps the all of a sudden BOOM 15 fps for about a minute or so then the screen pauses for 15-30 seconds then its back to 60-70 fps again, I have never had this problem. If you could please give me any suggestions? Thanks alot :)

Windows Vista Home Basic
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1600
1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

hmmm, can you tell and check if any extra process starts up when the fps has dropped?

Or you can try re-installing the game.

Check if there is no other program running in the same time like Browser, Downloaders, Music Players, Video Players and other memory consuming program.

Check also you graphic card configuration and game configuration too.

the NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE is not even a graphic card, but an integrated graphics chipset on your motherboard. its amazing you would get 60-70 FPS to begin with. any interruption such as an auto update program, browser etc would easily take your FPS down to nothing.

After being away your programs are likely downloading larger updates to catch up.

Windows
Anti Virus
Anti Spyware
Firewall
Media players maybe? who knows what you got on your rig, I bet it goes away in a few days, how often is it happening? Once a day? every 10 min or so?

I just noticed this is 4 days old his problem is probably gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back