Free version of Photoshop CS2

I have downloaded from TechSpot the Photoshop CS2 free version. I can't complete the installation as the serial number hasn't come up? Please advise.

Yet, Adobe itself on its own CS2 downloads page
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/
has this disclaimer:

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

It seems that one hand giveth, the other taketh away…

Thanks bobcat. I did think it was too good to be true. Anyway it does appear to work on my operating computer system and I'm not looking for updates. I was looking for something that we could have a play with before I bought the newer version of Photoshop. It is for a new community project for young people called Dynamic Visions (www.facebook.com/theceltictree). Eventually we will looking for at least 6 laptop all with Photoshop software on them. Sorry for the plug.;)

This is a great forum! Thanks to everyone for their comments and advice! :)

For want of a more appropriate term, this is posted as a "public service announcement", in both currently active threads about PSCS-2 "free".

OK, for everyone's edification, here's the article on free CS-2 from our archives:
https://www.techspot.com/news/51316-...-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

As you can see, there's a link to the downloads provided. That link now leads to here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

Which you'll see is now a log in in page.

That we still have the serial numbers on this site is a good thing.

However, Adobe programs have an internal process running called, "FNP licensing service". This is the phone home activation process. I don't think you can kill this and still have the program remain operational.

It is also present in Photoshop Elements 7, but oddly PSE 7 doesn't need activation. With that said, I would still be wary of going on line with a working copy of PSCS-2.

OK, so I'm superstitious. The question remains, "am I as superstitious as Adobe is greedy"?

I have downloaded from TechSpot the Photoshop CS2 free version. I can't complete the installation as the serial number hasn't come up? Please advise.
You should remove this from the download page although I find it funny it work on 2 computers but not a third one

you should remove this from the download page although I find it funny it work on 2 computers but not a third one
Is is odd, but not unexpected. The "FNP" licensing service may still be active. Adobe might still be using this to determine how many installs any given IP has made of their product. All Adobe software is licensed for two separate installs. Any more than this will result in a disabling the software as soon as third install is detected online. In this case, while the program might work on the serial number, without activation, the FNP process is still operative, and functioning.

Wow! Free is good I going to try this on my Windows 7. Been using Gimp 2.8 really not the same as Adobe Photoshop. Thanks

Wow! Free is good I going to try this on my Windows 7. Been using Gimp 2.8 really not the same as Adobe Photoshop. Thanks
As long as you don't need to work on RAW files, from anything newer than a Nikon D-80, you're good to go.

Last edited:
I have downloaded from TechSpot the Photoshop CS2 free version. I now need to uninstall it but I can't figure out how. I've looked everywhere for the Uninstall utility can't find it. I've also gone to Control Panel Add or Remove Programs and Adobe Photoshop program is not listed. Can someone offer some assistance...HELP.

Can somebody help me? I've downloaded and used the serial number listed but an error message comes up. I've tried so many times without success. I had previously downloaded it but I had to uninstall it because a message came up that said I didn't have the correct privilege to access this or something?? And I have CS2 on my other computer and it won't work on this one. Help please?

I also tried the free CS2 download when my licensed copy no longer worked after transferring it to a different computer. The serial number on the download page has four characters too many and does not work, nor does anything else I have tried. My original paid, licensed serial number will not work either. I don't seem to have any options and do not use it enough to justify the very high costs of the newer versions.

I also tried the free CS2 download when my licensed copy no longer worked after transferring it to a different computer. The serial number on the download page has four characters too many and does not work, nor does anything else I have tried. My original paid, licensed serial number will not work either. I don't seem to have any options and do not use it enough to justify the very high costs of the newer versions.
I just bought a copy of Photoshop Elements 13, for 50 bucks, free shipping from Newegg. FWIW probably 80% percent of people who are preoccupied with getting "something for nothing", and are screwing around with PSCS-2, don't need Photoshop itself, and are shooting themselves in the foot, if they need RAW file codecs from newer digital cameras.

So, let's assume you don't need the complication of Photoshop, Elements has more editing power than "Lightroom" (!!!), and it's now 64 bit.

So, IMHO, for 25 bucks an install, PSE-13 is all that, without the BS.

With PSCS-2, I'm not sure it will import files from my D-80. And you're well on your own if you have camera later than that. So, on top of PSCS-2, you have to install "Adobe Digital Negative Converter", and import with that.

BTW, I have PSCS-4, and it won't import RAW files from my D-3000. Which is pretty ancient in and of itself.

Back