Freezes and black screens

Pink

Hi,

I had this problem a long time ago, but it got fixed with some thermal paste to my gpu.
now it's happening again. what happens is, that the pc will run perfectly, but when I try to run a game, it'll run it for about 2 minutes, then the screen will go black (and give me that digital\analog message as if it's lost its signal), audio will stop, and the computer will hang. keyboard will still work though (num lock, etc.)

I think it's the gpu, but since a new gpu would cost me about 150 USD, I wanna make sure that a new gpu will solve my problem.

Thanks!

If you can get your hands on another GPU for testing, that would be the best way to make sure the old GPU is bad

Hey, thx for the response!

there's no way I can get another gpu without buying one...

Plenty of friends, no one with a strong hpu to lend me... I could get a lesser gpu, but I wouldnt be able to test it properly as my own gpu runs great when im not ingame

But then I wouldnt be able to test it ingame, as I said... my pc works fine until I open up some game, (any one) and it just restarts (started restarting.). screen goes black, sound goes off, and it restarts after a minute

Hmm, is there any way I can test the power supply? I use some pretty heavy sound software as I work with audio ( stuff like wavelab, ableton live, nuendo, etc.), and it works fine. is there something I can do to put a strain on my psu? btw, when I use 3d benchmark software, it does the same thing. black screen, restarts.

No, with the problem you're having, testing the power supply would only tell you if all the voltages were present. If the power supply can't supply enough current on just one voltage, it could cause problems. This loss of current is common with older power supplies...

Back