Freezing, blue screen, and disk failure

dugie77

Hi,
I have been recently being hit with a bunch of weird issues. First my computer was freezing during video games so i dusted it out and everything has worked fine until now, like 2 weeks later, but it all started with my computer crashing and then on start up it said that the disc couldn't load, please put in system disc. I read on other forums about how you can just switch the SATA cables to my two HDDs, but after that, my computer just freezes and hits the blue screen and restarts and sometimes freezes in the restart or when i start up. Whats wrong?! I have checked for virus's and malware but found none. Please help! Thanks!
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.50 GHz
Mobo: ASUS P5N-D
PSU: NZXT 600 W
RAM: ADATA 4 GB DDR2-SDRAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Chipset: nVidia nForce 750i SLI (C72P) + MCP51

First, for cautionary sake, if you are able to back up everything ASAP.

Second, what are the error codes for the Blue Screens?

Third, what is the make of your harddrive?

Strangely enough, after this happening like 4-5 times in rapid fire, my computer stopped freezing and showing the blue screen. i am very weirded out by it. Why does it freak out then just stop?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

also i should mention that the new failures have resulted when i was playing World of Warcraft on my 46" TV so idk if thats a big deal or not

What harddrive did this blue screen come from?

Your error code is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function.

The dump simply cited hardware disk which is pointing to your harddrive, but which one we don't know. Whatever, back up everything NOW and run a complete harddrive diagnostics on both disks by using Seagate's harddrive diagnostic utility called Seatools. Make sure you run the Long DST on both harddrives.

Back