French company asks candidates to play Fortnite during job interviews

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Unless you’ve been living under a rock recently, you’ve probably heard of a little game called Fortnite, which appears to be taking over the world right now. If any more evidence of this is required, a French marketing agency has revealed that it is asking candidates to play the game during job interviews.

The company in question, called Dare.Win, is looking for people to fill a six-month internship post in Paris, where they will work on creating content for brands such as Spotify, Bacardi, and YouTube.

Candidates are asked to add the company on the PlayStation Network, which is likely the preferred platform of choice because PlayStation is one of Dare.Win’s clients. Players will use the in-game voice chat to complete the interview during the game and will fight on the same side as the interviewers for around an hour.

Interviewees won’t be judged on their Fortnite skills. “We’re not pro players ourselves,” said Dare.Win agent Thomas Brouchon. “The way someone plays can say a lot about their personality, especially about decision-making and how they deal with problems.”

Fortnite: Battle Royale was chosen due to its incredible popularity and because it’s free. The company says applicants from several countries, including Sweden, Mexico, Turkey, and the Netherlands have applied for the Paris-based job. Anyone interested in the position can apply here

Being able to concentrate on the questions and answers while playing Fortnite won’t be an easy task for candidates and interviewers. Thankfully, those who would rather take a traditional interview, or don’t own a PlayStation 4, can email the company to request one.

Permalink to story.

This has surely been invented by their recruitment team who would rather laze about the office playing video games than actually doing their damn job properly.

Judging by the English on their website linked to here their first recruitment should be someone who can actually read and write English properly. Lets see them find that person on Fortnite. Good luck with that.

As a person who hates playing online shooters on a console this would be torture for me.
Give me a keyboard and a mouse any day and it will be a different story.

As a person who hates playing online shooters on a console this would be torture for me.
Give me a keyboard and a mouse any day and it will be a different story.

Fortnite is one of the few PS4 games that support full keyboard and mouse controls in game.

I just don't get it. I don't get the fuss about this game. I never played it, sure, but it doesn't even sound appealing to me. And the interview? Seriously? You will judge my career-ability based on how I play? What are they looking for? For me to bully another player? To freak out? To say the famous word while crossing the bridge?
It doesn't make sense. There are actual psychology tests for those kinds of things. Mixing a video game with "personality study" is just stupid. Sometimes I'll play it cool, other times I'll rage quit. Certainly wouldn't do so on an interview. They gain nothing from this, apart from publicity in the form of an article like this.

Fortnite is one of the few PS4 games that support full keyboard and mouse controls in game.

Well thats good, but I know that for quite a lot of games that can support keyboard and mouse, they remove the feature on consoles to keep the controller using players safe :joy:

Back