Frequency out of range error while using two monitors

About 1 1/2 years ago I bought a 9800 gtx nvidia video card and along with that a power supply to support it. Since then I have been using two monitors without an issue until about a week ago.

It started when first opening TF2 for the first time and each monitor went fully black, stayed like that for a while and then on my main monitor (link below) a blue boxed message came up saying "Frequency Out of Range" I rebooted but this time It came up as soon as I was asked to enter the password for my user account. It has been like this ever since and the only way I can prevent it is to unplug my second monitor and use my computer like this. I have tried plugging back in the second monitor since then and still the same issue happens, Frequency out of range right before I can enter my password to log on.

I can live with using just one monitor but It would be really nice if I was able to use a second one once more.

I cannot seem to add a link to the monitor I have however if you google

"Gateway product number FPD1976W" It will be the first link.

I am currently running Windows Vista Premium and am happy to give anymore System info if asked.

Thanks in advance

Have you updated the drivers recently if so check the resolution and refresh of the mnitor not working as one or both of the settings are to high

what resolution are you running at make sure if its flat panel your running at native or lower i had this problem on my old one

Boot into safe mode, and from there, set your primary monitor to 60Hz and its native resolution. Then try again with the single panel.

I just installed newest drivers and set refresh to 60hz.. It actually seems to have worked when I first started it up but I'm not sure how long it will last. I will bump if I have any more issues but It may have just gotten fixed

Thanks

Back