From Bitdefender to Windows Defender?

Carsten Ibsen

Hello, I have had so many problems with my Acer Notebook since I upgraded to Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 that I had to let Bitdefender Total Security Go, and as soon as I did that my PC runs error free.
I have Windows Defender+Voodooshield Pro+HitmanPro+HitmanPro Alert & Zemana Anti Malware paid.
Is that sufficient, is Windows Defender good enough to rely on?:eek:

Thanks, holdum323 and Merry Christmas(y)
Your welcome! Merry Christmas to you!
images

More than good.
Might even be to good as conflicts might occur. Some times more is not always good!:D
The techs advise running only one Anti-Virus, and one malware scanner. I use Windows defender and Malwarebytes Pro in real time. No conflicts.

Hi If you feel secure with the protection you have and you're not seeing any problems ; I'm not going try to convince you to change to what I think will protect you. I personally think think think that Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender running in real time and safe surfing is all all you need to stay protected when running W10.
Goodnight TS friends. See you on the forum. Happy computing!

AntiVirus is passe in the first place. It is REACTIVE, aka allows the infection and then expends extraordinary efforts to find and remove the effect. I've opted for a PROACTIVE tool to stop the infection from being planted on my system. Therefore, ZERO effort scanning and removing. Avast scans Email and Weblinks you click on to stop these buggers from getting to your PC.

Yes, it does provide several services - - so what - - just don't install or enable them. As shown below, I've nixed the stuff I don't want and once installed, I even disable the File Shield - - that's another name for file scanning - - and if the proactive stuff works (I assert it does), then why keep scanning and draining the laptop battery?

upload_2017-12-23_8-22-55.png

To each his/her own, but that's my $0.02.

This is why I quit using avast back in 2008, still overbloated as shown here and lags up any system trying to do all that.

Also FYI: I don't use malwareBlockers or adWare stuff either. Instead, I kill a flock of these with the HOSTS file from MVSP
which causes DNS lookups to reference your PC as webserver - - which it anit -- and thus internally generate 404 replies. Totally passive, zero maintenance and makes browsing fun again.

Back