From XP to Vista with same Radeon X1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it I'm so frustrated.

I recently had to buy a new comp (for various reasons) and now I have a new OS (Windows Vista). I had a dell dimension 4700 and now am using a dell inspiron 530. I'm using the same graphics card, Radeon X1300 256 MB. After installing updated drivers, and playing World of Warcraft, my fps is CONSIDERABLY lower. I'm talking 5-10 fps. I've dropped all my in-game settings which have made little improvements to my fps. Do I have to upgrade my graphics card?! Here are my specs:

1. Motherboard - Intel P35/G33/G31 Chipset
2. Graphic interface - PCI-Express (max supported x16)
3. Memory - 3 GB dual DDR2 type
4. CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
5. CPU Speed - 1596 MHz

I cannot imagine how a Dimension 4700 would use the same drivers as the Inspiron 530 or the 530S. Even if they are the same model, the system board and other components are slightly different being at least 3 years apart in build so really everything is different... so they could not be "the same." I am assuming you took the card out of one computer and put it in another.
However, the drivers for WXP and VISTA would be different even if the cards were the same.
XP drivers are rarely the same as the VISTA drivers.
Just download the correct ones for VISTA

yep

I downloaded the drivers to run my card on vista but it made no difference. That's why I posted here, since I couldnt find the answers otherwise. Please help.

This is NOT a Dell supplied card. Right? This is an add-on video graphics card?
There are so many versions, that you must have the exact correct drivers, but on that version, there should be plenty of drivers available.
Be certain to remove or disable the old drivers in the Device manager.
For a test, cold boot in SAFE MODE and see if you get something on the screen. If so, it is the drivers. If nothing, it is probably a bad card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back