Front USB not recognized

TheDevopsGuy

Basically I bought this system one year ago and I noticed the front usb's arent working. Components are still under warranty. I have tried checking all the settings and options of the motherboard and even contacted supplier and followed their instructions but the issue persists. I was offered to send them the motherboard back but at the time I couldn't afford losing access to my mainstation.

How can I be sure if the issue is coming directly from the motherboard or if the issue is the case?

the Motherboard in question is an Asus Prime B350-Plus
Case : Corsair Spec Alpha

"How can I be sure if the issue is coming directly from the motherboard or if the issue is the case?"
Having had both, I think the best answer is that you can't until you determine what is actually broken.

One's I remember:
Case grounding - front side USB - discovered by google search at users' forum for case maker - replacement harness provided by maker

Overlaid duplicate drivers - all USB - discovered in Device Manager after setting View Hidden in View tab - I removed all USB and rebooted - on boot Windows re-discovered and set up USB drivers properly - apparently caused by a Windows update

Switched motherboard connector - some harnesses have both audio and usb connectors for the motherboard...could they be switched? - yup, I think I did that once (long ago and far away)

The difficulty in testing is that there is no easy way to make the USB connection on the motherboard without going through the harness - and that is wired into the case. An extra harness would be useful here. eBay? "wiring PC front USB" search?

I wonder if, as a further test, you could connect keyboard or mouse or camera or flash drive on the front USB. Ask folks at motherboard support?

Back