Frustrated withrecurring BSODS - minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I really need the help of the tech gurus in this forum to solve a recurring BSOD problem I've been having for the past 6 months! I've almost given up trying to troubleshoot it, that's when I stumbled across this forum. The problem basically started with a HD failure, after which I sent my PC for repair + RAM upgrade. When the PC came back with the new HD, the problem was still recurring!! Memtest shows no problem with the new RAMs whatsoever, and I'm really literally beginning to pull what's left of my hair because its so frustrating to be in the middle of something and then POOF, blue screen, and everything is gone !!

I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at the minidumps I've included here, and point me to the right direction as to what might be causing these frequent BSODs. I get at least 5-10 BSODs every day, and I am a frequent PC user, averaging at least 15 hours everyday on the computer.

Any help would be kindly appreciated !! If you need more information on my system, I will gladly provide whatever information you need.

Thank you so much in advance !!

Attachments

• Bugcheck.JPG
    Bugcheck.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
Okay, both minidumps say memory corruption. I know you ran MemTest, but for how long (how many passes; 7 is the minimum standard)? Bad RAM has been known to pass memTest from time to time.

Have you checked to see if your memory is set properly?

When they "fixed" your HD issue did they replace said HD? Have you run full harddrive diagnostics? You can get a free utility from your HD manufacturer.

In the jpeg you provided there is a yellow warning triangle. What was that warning about? What was it in regards to?

It would help if you could list your system specs in your profile page.

Hi mate,
I ran memtest for about 5 passes...it turned up ok. I will run it again for 7 passes and see if anything crops up.

How do i know if my memory is "set" properly? Sorry mate, i'm not much of a tech whiz...perhaps you can walk me through?

When they fixed my HD, they did replace the HD with a brand new one. I dont know if there might be compatibility issues with the HD or motherboard (i'm just making a wild guess here). At any rate thanks for the tip.. I did an online search for HD diagnostics tools and downloaded some from here http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
Will run the HD diagnostics today and see if anything comes up.

The yellow warning triangle was for an ftdisk error. It said in the Event properties that "The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur."
What does this mean? Is my disk corrupted?

I just listed my system specs in the profile page.

I will post the results of memtest and the HD diagnostics tools once they are done. Thanks a bunch for your help mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back