Galax RTX 4090 HOF comes with two 12VHPWR connectors and 1,000W power limit, overclocked...

Tudor Cibean

Staff
What just happened? NordicHardware recently shared some PCB images of Galax's upcoming RTX 4090 graphics card designed for extreme overclocking. It features one of the most impressive power delivery systems shipped on a consumer graphics card, voltage measurement points, and a neat white PCB.

The newest HOF-series card is the first RTX 4090 model to feature two 12VHPWR connectors, allowing it to draw up to 1,275W (600W + 600W + 75W from the PCIe slot). However, reports indicate the BIOS will have a power limit of "only" 1,000W, far higher than other RTX 4090s, which usually top out at about 450-600W.

Galax's flagship RTX 4090 features a massive 28 VRM phases for the GPU and another four for the GDDR6X memory. For comparison, Nvidia's Founders Edition uses a 20+4 phase design. The Hall of Fame card also has a small dongle above the video connectors, likely used to toggle the LN2 BIOS.

Overclockers have already started sharing their record-breaking results with liquid-nitrogen-cooled HOF cards. Overclocked Gaming Systems (OGS) managed to squeeze the GPU for a whopping 3705 MHz in the GPUPI test, netting it first place on the global single GPU leaderboard. As a reminder, Nvidia's RTX 4000-series lacks NVLink support, meaning several last-gen RTX 3090/ RTX 3090 Ti can still score higher overall in some benchmarks.

The OGS team also scored 31,096 in the popular 3DMark Port Royal benchmark, beating the previous single-GPU world record by over 1,000 points. The graphics card reached a lower 3570 MHz frequency here, but OGS also overclocked the GDDR6X memory to 1469 MHz, a 12 percent increase compared to stock.

The RTX 4090 HOF currently has no competitors in the (admittedly very niche) extreme overclocking market. Micro-Star International (MSI) hasn't released a Lightning edition card since the RTX 2080 Ti, and EVGA's exit from the graphics card business means it won't be launching any new Kingpin models.

Galax hasn't shared a release date for the RTX 4090 HOF. Users will likely pay a sizeable premium for the binned GPUs and impressive power delivery system.

Permalink to story.

Okay, well atleast this card knows what it is and is not trying to be a mass market 1Kw GPU.

Just plumb the cooling system into your houses water cylinders.

I'm a snob - when I see plastic people - I see "avoid me I'm vapid"
If I saw someone with this - same applies - I don't care if you are rich or poor - never have - and social flex- that is all this is - a stupid setup -soon overtaken in a few years

wHpE7XQ.png

😂

Well boyz 'n gurllz, you can make all the clever quips you like.

However, at the end of the day, if you want to embrace these cards, and CPUs to match. The solution is simple:

Industry has to create new full tower cases, with provisions for two PSUs, one for the GPU, and one for the rest of the system.

And be prepared to lug those 30 to 40 pound (empty) monsters around, by hitting the gym once in a while..

They had to build a hydro plant to power it, and use the water from the damn to cool it. F' nVidia
Oh sure, you say that now. But one day, you'll be lining up a shot, and be shot dead by the other guy. Then you'll be muttering to yourself, "if this damned PoS card I have had only been able to give me 600 FPS, instead of a measly 599, I'd still be alive and declared the winner". :mad::scream::poop:

Oh sure, you say that now. But one day, you'll be lining up a shot, and be shot dead by the other guy. Then you'll be muttering to yourself, "if this damned PoS card I have had only been able to give me 600 FPS, instead of a measly 599, I'd still be alive and declared the winner". :mad::scream::poop:
Too bad I've given up on all PVP games. When you get older, it's wise to give up twitch gaming :). I was the king of Duke3d and Quake. Started to fall off in Half-Life...

Back