Galaxy S21 series: first pictures and release date leak

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: Several new leaks and rumors regarding Samsung’s next flagship phones, the Galaxy S21 line (or could they be called the S30?), have hit the internet, including their possible release date and purported first pictures. While the fronts are pretty much indistinguishable from the S20 series, the camera setups have received an interesting redesign.

The S-series is traditionally unveiled in February before going on general release in March. But according to multiple reports, Samsung will be moving the reveal date forward to January with sales starting either the same month or in February.

It’s speculated that unlike this year, Samsung doesn’t want to launch the next Galaxy S-series and Z Flip close together; 2021 could see the foldable release at a later date than the S21 handsets, and the company wants to put plenty of space between the two.

We’ve also heard that Samsung’s suppliers have begun mass production of S21 components, further suggesting that the series is arriving sooner than usual.

In addition to the new release date, the first alleged images of the Galaxy S21 series have dropped. Prolific leaker Steve Hemmerstoffer (aka @OnLeaks) has posted Galaxy S21 and S21 Ultra designs on his Voice profile.

It appears that the Galaxy S21 follows its predecessor in featuring a flat, 6.2-inch display with a near-identical footprint. The rear, however, has been given a revamp, with the camera unit, which still has three lenses, now blended into the side of the phone. The array is also said to have been lifted further from the frame, creating a bump of around 1.1 mm.

The high-end S21 Ultra will have a curved display and measure between 6.7 - 6.9 inches. The camera unit is larger to accommodate the flash/fourth camera, protruding around 1.9 mm from the body.

There have been rumors that the S21 line would ship with a stylus—potentially in preparation for Samsung to drop the Note series as it focuses on foldables—but there doesn’t appear to be an S-pen slot. And after Samsung joined other companies in mocking Apple’s decision to drop the charger from the iPhone 12, expect the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra to ship with power bricks.

Permalink to story.

Meh, I won't touch Samsung any more. I had a Galaxy S8, dropped it ONCE and it got cracks ALL over it. I couldn't even change the front gorilla glass because Samsung GLUED the display to the glass itself (presumably to make repair near-impossible).

I've found Motorola phones to be far more durable.

Samsung should completely ditch curved edge screen.
It's bad for usability, not as durable as flat screen and more expensive to be produced and repaired

Meh, I won't touch Samsung any more. I had a Galaxy S8, dropped it ONCE and it got cracks ALL over it. I couldn't even change the front gorilla glass because Samsung GLUED the display to the glass itself (presumably to make repair near-impossible).

I've found Motorola phones to be far more durable.

Ya me too, pissed me off as I only dropped it from my night stand (about 2 feet up). But I bought a Note10+, and these Note 10 screens are solid. Dropped it numerous times ands it's fine. The S8 line was an anomaly for all the Samsung phones I owned.

I'm still happy with my Galaxy S9+.
I'm glad that you are. Honestly, I don't know how my S8 managed to get destroyed so easily. I was happy with my S8 before this happened. The fact that Samsung does this glue job tells me that they intend for it to be a disposable item and I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a disposable item.

Still rocking my S7 Edge but I hate the curved screen. Good to see them goes back top totally flat but the S20 FE is also totally flat. Still I'm going to buy a used iPhone 11 Pro now they are flooding the market thanks to iTards needing latest device. Sick of the limited support and Samesung famous creeping lagginess that gets worse with age. I would go OnePlus but they refuse to release them in Australia and the OS models don't support all our 4G and 5G bands.

"It’s speculated that unlike this year, Samsung doesn’t want to launch the next Galaxy S-series and Z Flip close together"

although that might be a small part of the reason, it's much more likely Samsung doesn't want to give up too much ground, more than they already have to apple. apple is "cleaning everyone's clock" right now by releasing their updated 12 series phones ahead of everyone else's planned newer phones. that is the reality. because, more than ever all forms of electronics, pc's, etc are seeing a boom in sales due to lock downs and working from home. and since folks are at home they are reading up on specs more frequently and seeing whats new and about to be released. they want the latest asap. more people want the latest gadgets, not last years models. apples ahead of everyone else schedule is paying off big time right now, more than it ever has. So, that means, not only Samsung needs to release soon, but so should other manufactures. It's a good time for electronic enthusiasts.

Last edited:
"It’s speculated that unlike this year, Samsung doesn’t want to launch the next Galaxy S-series and Z Flip close together"

although that might be a small part of the reason, it's much more likely Samsung doesn't want to give up too much ground, more than they already have to apple. apple is "cleaning everyone's clock" right now by releasing their updated 12 series phones ahead of everyone else's planned newer phones. that is the reality. because, more than ever all forms of electronics, pc's, etc are seeing a boom in sales due to lock downs and working from home. and since folks are at home they are reading up on specs more frequently and seeing whats new and about to be released. they want the latest asap. more people want the latest gadgets, not last years models. apples ahead of everyone else schedule is paying off big time right now, more than it ever has. So, that means, not only Samsung needs to release soon, but so should other manufactures. It's a good time for electronic enthusiasts.
That whole thing doesn't seem to have any connection to any reality I know of.
People are very likely to tighten their expenditures the next few months, due to Covid lockdowns coming back. You don't splash out a thousand bucks on a new phone if you're uncertain if you have a job in two months. Samsung will not make another big launch during lockdown if they can avoid it. It "cost them" plenty the first month of the S20 launch.

Back