Games crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have put my pc together myself, but sinse day 1 i have problem with games completly crashing my PC
i didnt overclock anything and i am running SLI
this is COD4 crashes after i attempt to exit the game
please help, i really appriciate it

Are your crashes only happening when exiting COD4 or do they occur at other times? And if so what are these other times, i.e., surfing the web, looking at movies, etc.?

Are your crashes only happening when exiting COD4 or do they occur at other times? And if so what are these other times, i.e., surfing the web, looking at movies, etc.?

those particular dumps should only be from COD4
MY WHOLE PC crashes with other games as well, but there is NEVER a minidump
looping sound and black screen is what happens in other games
happened once while talking on skype, but other than that, only in games.

Just wanted to be clear on when crashes occur.

Two errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory, However, sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

In your case both cited the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll as your probable cause for your system crashes.

The third error is 0xBE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
A driver attempted to write to read-only memory. Commonly occurs after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a driver file is named in the error message, try to correct the problem by disabling, removing, or rolling back the driver.

Again the driver nv4_disp.dll was cited as probable cause.

First, update your Nvidia drivers. Use something like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (there are free versions of both) after you uninstall, then reboot and install the latest drivers.

Second, and this is only a suggestion, with your Sli set-up you may want to consider updating your BIOS and/or chipset drivers.

* Keep us up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back