My games stop working after 5 minutes
my specs
400 Watt power suply
AMD Athlon x2 5000+
Ati Radeon 4350 512 MB XFX Force
3 GB RAM
PLSS Help
Cant play any games

if its been consistent at 5 mins when it crashes, it sounds like the gpu is overheating, what temps are you getting under load? also what happens when it crashes? to desktop? or a full restart of your machine? and is there a BSOD when this happens and anything about drivers and/or infinite loop?

Some games even crash after a minute and some after 10 minutes. The temperature at idle is 46 Degree Celsius and under load is around 54-56 Degree Celsius. I got this card 2 days ago and also one mre thing the cards actual ddr memory is 512 mb but it shows 1GB . I dont know why . Should i return this card

i am adding to that. Some games crash on the desktop and the resolution get reallly big and you cant see any thing else so i have to restart the computer really annoying

try reinstalling the drivers first. Catalyst 9.7 is the latest. make sure you uinstall the old ones first.

okay, keep doing the free stuff first :) i would then shut it down remove the card and re-seat it.
your not overclocking this thing are you?...or your CPU?

is this a custom build or did you purchase the machine? if you were using IGP and just added the card the psu may be suspect.

i'd say its a software related issue....try using the card on a different system with prefferably a different OS...

i wudnt go that its ur PSU cuz i have a 9500gt and its been running on my 350W PSU for a long time and i havent experienced even a single crash

Punkid, thats not what im saying. the timing is such that he was using IGP and just added a GFX card. if he has say an emachine that notorious for weak and early burnout PSU's, and then you add a card using another 50-60w. it could be a little much, those hamsters get tired quick in those Bestech's, its also why i ask so many questions. and he already re-installed the drivers.

ahan yea it cud b a PSU issue , but still it wud b better to try messing with the software,like reinstalling the OS, to fix the problem before buying a new PSU

oh I agree with that. wouldn't suggest otherwise, one of the reasons a few posts back i said lets start with the free stuff. just suspicious timing.

well if you have tried all of the above, i would try (not run out and buy one)a different PSU if you have access to one. BTW what brand of machine is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back