Gaming/entertainment PC build

Rayss523

I am planning on using this PC for gaming SC2 Diablo 3 Civilization V etc..
I also want to use it to watch movies on my 720p Optoma Projector with an HDMI cable

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Case 270$
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W PSU 230$
MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 300$
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz BX80601950 295$
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 160$
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked 220$x2=440$
Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 64MB 3.0Gb/s 110$x4=440$

Total =2135$

Any changes, recommend a good blu-ray reader? Don't need a burner.

Dont need a mouse or keyboard or monitor, I am considering watercooling for quieter overclocking.

Is there supposed to be a question in there? Everything looks fine but it seems like you're over spending in some areas.

For all the money you're spending I would go with a much faster main drive and then maybe the WD 2TB for storage.

Something like a 600GB WD VelociRaptor or a single/RAID SSD.

Well basically I have never built a computer this expensive before but now that I'm almost done with my second tour I finally have the disposable income to get a really nice computer that will last a really long time.

Should I get something like a SSD for the OS?
Would a watercooled 470 GTX be better long term?
I have 3 months left, how much longer should I wait to buy?
What watercooling setup would be good for editing video, I have a ZuneHD, PSP, and I need to be able to change the video size to fit both screen without it taking forever.

I really want a lot of storage I have a 750GB external that is already full of movies, I want to have my whole movie collection on the computer so there is no more buying discs, storing discs, scratched discs,finding discs.....

Back