GeForce GT 610

JN_MARC28

Whats up guys?..I have a question,im building my first pc and I wanted to know if this graphic card (geforcegt610) can support tripple monitors, I see it has 3 different outputs like,vga,hdmi and dvi.Im not really big on pc gaming so I wont do much gaming most likely music production or video editing..best buy have a good sale on video cards and I saw this one for 40 bucks,is it worth buying?

Quote found here - http://hardforum.com/showpost.php
The MDT GT 610, like all GT 610s, does still have two discreet outputs. In order to connect more than two displays, special integrated hardware splits one or both outputs which show up as a super-wide display in the control panel. When you connect three 1080p monitors, your control panel will show that you have one 1920x1080 and one 3840x1080 display (rather than 3 1080p monitors or a single 5760x1080 screen like in Surround.) Once you open and set the MDT EZY software, the pair of displays that show up as one in the NVCP will then act just like two individual monitors- windows will fit each screen individually and snap to the proper positions.

A GT610 is cheap. It is nothing to do with Best Buy. The 610 will be horrible for video editing since it is a VERY low end GPU. If you arent gonna be gaming, the ATI FirePro V4900 is a better buy for your needs. The 610 is fine, but will struggle if you do video editing.

The ati firepro v4900 is ddr5 my motherboard only support ddr3

The GPU is separate from the CPU/motherboard. The CPU uses the DDR3, and the GPU (a completely different processor) uses the DDR5.

Since we got that out of the way, what is your budget? I can get you an even higher end card if you want. What are your system specs?

Ohh I didnt know that..I thought everything has to match,I know you like "rookie" lol...as far as budget goes I was thinking about 150 is the highest I can afford...I have an asus p5g41t-m lx

I havent bought it yet because im waiting to get pay but the cpu that I had in mind was the intel q8300 core quad processor with window 7 ultimate 64 bit..so far I have are the case,power supply 600w,cd rom,motherboard,8gb ddr3 ram.

I havent bought it yet because im waiting to get pay but the cpu that I had in mind was the intel q8300 core quad processor with window 7 ultimate 64 bit..so far I have are the case,power supply 600w,cd rom,motherboard,8gb ddr3 ram.
Well, nobody needs the "ultimate" version of any Windows product (IMHO), and the Q8300 is a relic.It's from 3 generations ago, (at least ?). Socket LGA775 is extinct in the wild. How long have you had these parts?:confused:

As to your original question, the 610 graphics card, isn't even as good as the CPU integrated graphics in the current generation of Intel "Core" processors.

So, is this an "upgrade" or a "build"?

Back