GeForce GTX 690 black screen issue

Dazzicus

Hey, my name is Dazz. I am pretty new here and have just built a new PC, I have connected all the parts of the PC up correctly and seem to be having problems on startup. I hear the general kick into life startup but when I look at my monitor it is completely black, no startup screen. Doesnt even turn on, the light on the monitor is set to 'standby' straight away. I have no idea what the problem is at all.

Any ideas what it might be?

P.s.
I am using Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, 750W ATX PSU, Corsair Dominator 4GB Phenom II x6, and a Prolite E2208HDS monitor

The real question I have is why you are pairing a GTX 690 with a Phenom X6 and 4GB of RAM!

Jokes aside, does the GPU fan spin when you startup the PC? Is it properly seated on the PCIe port? Is there a power connection to the GPU?

I WAS planning on upgrading them later, hopefully...

But yes, the fan spins when it starts up, it is properly seated and as far as I can tell there is power going through it. I also asked a friend and they said they had the same kind of problem and their problem was the connection between the Monitor itself and GPU.

I WAS planning on upgrading them later, hopefully...

But yes, the fan spins when it starts up, it is properly seated and as far as I can tell there is power going through it. I also asked a friend and they said they had the same kind of problem and their problem was the connection between the Monitor itself and GPU.

Try the other DVI port.

I also tried switching it to the other PCIe slot to see if that helped but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

What's the PSU? You sure it's putting out the required amps? Seems like you don't have it hooked up correctly, but I'm trying to think what else it could be ...

I will have another try at using different cables and possibly another PSU and if that fails I will probably take it to a local tech shop and see what I can do from there.
I will give an update when I get this sorted out.

Thanks for the help though, it is very much appreciated.

Okay, so!
I have figured out the problem, before taking my pc to a tech shop I switched out my new otherboard for my old one seeing as how all the parts were compatable.
So the problem was my motherboard all along. Apparently it has an issue with the CPU, unsure why but at least I got to the bottom of it.

Okay, so!
I have figured out the problem, before taking my pc to a tech shop I switched out my new otherboard for my old one seeing as how all the parts were compatable.
So the problem was my motherboard all along. Apparently it has an issue with the CPU, unsure why but at least I got to the bottom of it.

Interesting. Good to see your issue has been resolved.

Back