General Wifi Management

TheDevopsGuy

Hi,

So this is a general question regarding management of Wireless AP's.

My modem resides on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. I setup a management IP for my main hAP 192.168.1.1.

I've bridged all the wireless interfaces over on 192.168.3.1 on the Hap and 192.168.3.2 on Hap Ac Lite.

I have two bridge links.

One standard bridge for ALL Lan Ports except the WAN. All network on 192.168.2.0/24
A Wireless bridge which holds WDS1/WDS2 and the 2.4/5GHz chipsets.. All network on 192.168.3.0/24

Now Since im directly connected to my Hap by an uplink on my PC I can easily manage it through winbox.

Now just to understand the scenario. My Hap can reach all these subnets since I've setup static routing.

So if im understanding correctly I cannot reach AP2 from my local PC since my PC is on a lan port which is currently not in the same bridged interface as AP2?(Idk if im understanding this correctly but it seems to me that since they're on different bridges it's sort of a mimic of having devices on different VLANs)

So simply put currently my only solutions are:

• Connecting through wireless devices since I'll be in the same subnet and Wireless links which are all on the wireless bridge thus I can manage both AP's at once.
  • delete the wirelessbridge and put everything on the same subnet. (I don't really want wireless devices on the same Lan as my local devices)
If there are any other alternatives I'd like to hear them. It's my second ever wireless network using Microtik and the config quite frankly is a disaster. It works well, performance is great but the behind the scenes is questionable to say the least.

Back