Get email now in Outlook back to verizon net mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmouser

how do i get email that has been transferred to outlook 2007 (vista) copied back to verizon net mail
how do i make sure email is not deleted from verizon netmail when it is copied to outlook

thanks,
msmouser

configure your email client so downloaded email is kept on the server. Note that most servers have a limit to how much mail can be stored.

I suggest using thunderbird. It's free and better than outlook.

how do i configure what you suggest ? be very detailed, please

how can i get mail already transferred to outlook copied back to verizon ? /

you will need to know the port and server settings that your ISP (verizon) uses. This is server specific. I cannot tell you as I am not located near you, nor do I use verizon. You will need to contact your ISP for that info. Generally if you go online to their website, there should be very detailed instructions for this. In outlook you will set up the incoming server with appropriate port, and security setting, the same will be with the outgoing server. Basically you are establishing a POP3 type setting.

This may help here- but you may need to verify it with verizon:

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
Select POP3, and then click Next.
Under User Information, do the following:
In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @verizon.net.
Under Server Information, do the following:
In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type incoming.verizon.net.
In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type outgoing.verizon.net.
Under Logon Information, do the following:
In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Verizon Online.
In the Password box, type your password.
Select the Remember password check box.
Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.
To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
Click More Settings.
On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Verizon Online.
Click OK, and then click Next.
Click Finish

This is true of ANY email client program that you may use. You will also need to verify what ports verizon uses for both incoming and outgoing emails.

to send your emails back to the server, simply email (or forward) them back to yourself. You can do this once you set up your client. Just don't delete the emails. Ensure the server settings are set to - leave emails on server. But you will need to empty the server by going directly online and deleting the emails manually there - otherwise your mailbox will fill up. I don't recommend doing this.

I highly suggest using a better email client than outlook, like thunderbird.

If you can set up your email client in IMAP mode instead of POP3, then your email client will always mirror the server. Whatever you do locally is done on the server.

to send your emails back to the server, simply email (or forward) them back to yourself. You can do this once you set up your client. Just don't delete the emails. Ensure the server settings are set to - leave emails on server. But you will need to empty the server by going directly online and deleting the emails manually there - otherwise your mailbox will fill up. I don't recommend doing this.
yes that certainly works, but you've already seen that all the origins become yourself.

it's a quick and dirty way to recover emails deleted off the server. Since the server no longer has her emails, either she uses a hardware recovery program (like a cloning program) - which is slow, cumbersome and dependent on the date of the last update, or just simply email the messages back since she already has them. Yes, she might have to look in the headers on the body of the emails to determine the original sender, but she still has the contents.

One thing that just occurred to me this morning, is that if you use thunderbird, you can also use mozilla back up and restore which will also give you the options to save important downloaded emails. It works with all flavors of mozilla: Thunderbird, Mozilla classic, Seamonkey, and Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back