Getting different BSOD's at random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I really hope you can help me with this, I have been getting random BSOD's with different messages for some time now. And before I start tearing the computer apart I would like to see if there is anything in particular that I should be focusing on, bad RAMS (hopefully) or something like that. I haven't done anything just yet, I wanted to see if there was something in those dump files that could help...

Thanks in advance

I read your five most recent dumps and all cited Windoes OS drivers which are too general to be of much help. So do the following standard diagnostic steps.

1. Run Memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 Passes; but the more Passes so much the better. See Link: Tutorial: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html There is a newer version than what the tutorial says. It is 2.11. Any errors whatsoever and you have corrupted memory that must be replaced.

2. Start Menu > Run Box > type in ChkDsk > click Okay > this doesn't take much time. On the second stage tell us if it says "Recovering lost files."

3. Find the make of your harddrive. Go to the the manufacture's website and find and use their free harddrive diagnostics utility tool. Do the tests.

*** Get back to us with the results.

Hey

I will go through the processes now. Windows OS drivers, so that would maybe be compatibility issues between windows and my hardware I presume?

For some reason, memtest wont start. I made a bootable CD, i boot from it and the screen just says "loading .........." and then nothing happens, unless it is supposed to take more than 15 minutes to start the memtest program.

Okay ...

I couldn't use memtest, because it just hangs at the loading ...... screen. I used the microsoft memory diagnostics tool instead and got around 1200 erros during the firs pass of the extended test so I figure that is something to do with faulty rams. I already ordered a new set of rams they will arrive tomorrow.

The ChkDsk utility wont start for some reason either.

The testing of the harddrive gave no faults during the test

Memtest hung probably due to all the errors (probably the reason ChkDsk did as well)! It is good you could actually use the Microsoft tool. Corrupted RAM can cause all kinds of issues. let us know how the new RAM works out for you.

I got my new RAMs on friday and the computer has been running ever since with no problems at all, guess my RAM's were just shite ;)

Thanks anyway guys!
Oh, memtest wouldnt start with the new rams either, what could that be?

Great! Glad to hear everything is working out well. The Memtest may have not copied correctly to your CD and thus unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back