Getting display errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziziz

Hi, when i load my pc up i get the following notification
displaydriveerror.png

I go into device manager and check my adapters and notice that they are not working
displaydriveerror1.png

I am running windows 7 and i read somewhere Intel dont support these with compatible windows 7 drivers?

If thats the case what can i do? and what consequences can this have if both of them are not working?

OK, you just can't stuff last months OS into a 6 year old PC and expect the drivers to be available. There is "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor", available from M$, which would have told you not to do what you did, (install Win 7).

Now the board you're using has onboard graphics, as well as the Nvidia add-in card.
That has to be plugged into a standard PCI slot. So, how many graphics adapters do you want in the machine...?

Now, you can update the graphics driver from the links I provided in the other thread, or remove the add-in video card and replace it with a better PCI-E card, then install the latest driver for it.

Now, you're starting to ask the same question over and over, expecting a different answer, which is pointless.

With the Mickey Mouse BS you're trying with this old machine, if I were you, I'd be thankful it would still connect to the internet.

This doesn't link to my other topic? I don't think atleast. Sorry if it does, im awful with hardware. okay so if i get a PCI express graphics card... chuck the 6200 away but what happens with the two onboard ones? how can i just get rid of them if they are not compatible? and will this have any consequences?

Simply get a better more recent PCI-E graphic card, it will take care of your onboard stuff.

Simply get a better more recent PCI-E graphic card, it will take care of your onboard stuff.
anything you reccomend?

my specs are;
Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
intel pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz, ~2.7GHz
1536MB RAM (adding 1gb soon)

Also how do i know if my pci express slot is 1.0 or 2.0 etc? all i know is i have one? :\

This doesn't link to my other topic? I don't think atleast. Sorry if it does, im awful with hardware. okay so if i get a PCI express graphics card... chuck the 6200 away but what happens with the two onboard ones? how can i just get rid of them if they are not compatible? and will this have any consequences?
OK, we're talking about the same computer, the same video problem, the same video card, now, why don't you explain how this could possibly >> NOT << link to the other topic...?

If you plug a video card into the PCI-E, then the onboard graphics will automatically be >> disabled <<. With a currently supported video card, the graphics driver will then not be a problem.

OK, we're talking about the same computer, the same video problem, the same video card, now, why don't you explain how this could possibly >> NOT << link to the other topic...?

If you plug a video card into the PCI-E, then the onboard graphics will automatically be >> disabled <<. With a currently supported video card, the graphics driver will then not be a problem.

Oh right i've just realised its the same problem... so all my problems is just because of a dreadful graphics card? sorry for the inconvenience, any pci-e graphic cards you would reccomend? at an affordable price?

First, I don't recommend spending very much money on this machine. I have a similar machine, I love it, but I don't expect much from it. If it breaks a part, I replace it, nothing more.

With that said, here is Newegg's selection of Nvidia 8400 series cards; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...r=BESTMATCH&Description=Nvidia+8400&x=15&y=34. They cost in the 30 to 40 dollar price range. If this doesn't solve the problem, you're not out all that much.

I'm not a gamer, but as I understand it WOW doesn't require heavy hardware.

The 8400 series cards will outperform both the onboard graphics and the 6200 by quite a bit, but you still won't be able to play some of the very newest games

I still think you should try to install the latest Nvidia driver for the 6200 card, to rule out driver problems. If that cures it fine if not then order another video card. You will not be able to find the correct driver for the onboard graphics to work with Windows 7.

If anybody has some other thoughts on this matter, please feel free to ring in.....

Captain's choice seems rationale to me considering the age of your machine. However, if you want something slightly more powerful then you may choose to have a look at 9400GT and Radeon 5550 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back