Getting Owned by a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, love the work you do.

Recently I've been hit with a slew of viruses, for example, b.exe, c.exe, iexplorer.exe, just to

name a few. I belived i removed them but don't quite feel confident enough that my compture

is clean. Symptoms include more then one iexplorer.exe open while internet explorer is

open, and not allowed to download 2 important windows updates. Here's a hijackthis text,

i've been trying to fix this for 2 weeks and really burnt out about this. Thanks for taking the

time to read this.

Your posted log shows that you still have McAfee installed. Uninstall it and run the 8-Step Virus & Malware instructions carefully. Take your time, scan and post all the logs required

How is your system running now? Your logs lookmuch better but there might be a chance for reinfection if you don't turn off System Restore and rescan once more, making all scans are clean

well it feels better, how do I turn off system restore again? sorry >_<

Also I'm having a hard time installing these two window updates, could this be a possible

virus problem too?

The following updates were not installed:

Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer 2003 (KB969615)
Security Update for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (KB960082)

Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced and uncheck any checked boxes seen... If you get a "Can't Install message" try restarting the computer and installing the update again

I recommend some prevent defense also to help prevent infection:

Stuff like:
winpatrol, spybot, spywareblaster, taskcatcher, I'm using system suite pro 9.0 for active antivirus/malware, boostspeed, hostman, to name a few.

Winpatrol #1 though by far!
I pity the fools not using winpatrol (free or paid).
Yes! This is an uncompensated endorsement. LOL!

Those updates failing from windows auto update? If so, I'd try to get offline versions and see if they work.

so, after system restore turned off.... round 2

i manged to fix the first fix on the power point viewer, still having trouble on fail install number

two, btw thanks for all the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back