Getting Xbox to talk to Trendnet wired router

Tedster

I have a trendnet TW100-S4W1CA wired router connected to a wireless G access point. I cannot get my Xbox to talk to the router either with a wired connection, or wireless.

With my old router they worked fine, but the old router went tits up.

How do I configure the router so the Xbox can see it? the password is correct on my access point and all my other devices in the house can talk to the router.

So I guess you are trying to stream media and such. Depending on the version of OS you are running you may have to give rights for the xbox to talk over network. Such as in Windows 7 sharing and advance options go to meadia sharing and allow the Xbox to be seen by everyone. What are you trying to accomplish fully?

I have tried to get my xbox to see my network both in a wired and wireless connection. It cannot. I have a 4 port wired router. attached to the router is a wireless G access point, my main computer, and my xbox. I have 2 roku boxes that connect wirelessly to my access point. occasionally I use my phone and my laptop to connect wirelessly.

I want my xbox to see my network to get updates

Update - I tested a direct connection to the modem. It works. I tested the connection to the wireless G point. I can connect wirelessly but it won't pass data.

The router is the issue. It is brand new.

How do I get the trendnet TW100-S4W1CA wired router to talk to my xbox?

Hmm; Does any one know if there are special ports for the Xbox?

How about file sharing from the Xbox to any pc - - have you managed to configure that yet?

I've tried - no luck. I'm going to get another router. too bad, this one seemed to be cheap and easy. It worked well with my other stuff.

Back