Gigabyte unveils 3-in-1 convertible Booktop T1132N

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Gigabyte has unveiled a new convertible system that perfectly exemplifies the saying "jack of all trades, master of none." The Booktop T1132N can quickly shift form factors to serve as a laptop, tablet or desktop depending on your situation. It comes in a familiar 11.6-inch notebook form factor that's outfitted with a 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-2467M processor, 2 to 4GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 to 720GB of storage, as well as an Nvidia GeForce GT 520M with 1GB of VRAM and support for Nvidia's Optimus graphics switching technology.

The 1366x768 LED-backlit multitouch display is mounted on a rotating hinge, so you can convert the system into a tablet for tasks that don't require a hardware keyboard. Conversely, when you're ready for a heavy productivity session, the T1132N can be seated in docking station that offers more connectivity and a DVD burner. The dock is rotatable by 90-degrees and when attached, the T1132N's display seems to act as a secondary monitor. We haven't seen this in writing, but it's implied by an image halfway down the product page.

gigabyte t1132n

The system itself carries one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 port, an eSATA/USB combo, HDMI and VGA-out, a 4-in-1 card reader, wired and wireless network connectivity along with Bluetooth 3.0 and an optional WWAN module. The docking station adds two USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports as well as the aforementioned ODD. Naturally, because you leave the dock behind, it remains hooked up to your peripherals so there's very little to fiddle with when you sit down at the desk. We haven't seen any information regarding pricing or availability.

Permalink to story.

what about the OS?
the obvious Windows ofc, but not sure
looks strong and cool for everyday demands

I have the T1125N, and so far the only difference I can see between the two... the screencard and the hard drive.....

Mine has the Geforce 310M Cuda 512 and 500GB HDD.

Pleasent little booktop, use it for all random shizzles, even on the telementry system of Hitec with my RC airplane.

Back