Glitch causes computer to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to put this really, so I'll put it here.

Recently, my computer has started having a funny error that forces it to restart without giving me any real time to do anything other than yell "&#$(#*@&$" and let it happen.

It's been putting rainbow lines over my screen, or boxes in blocks down the width of my screen, giving me a horrible sound that startles even my cats (like an alert-style beeping that shouldn't be on a computer, generally scares the hell out of me), then it just shuts itself down and restarts. It offers me the option to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, one more option and then start windows normally.

Usually I'll start it normally, go just a few days, and it happens again. It's very frustrating because I like to save all my work at the end of the night and continue the next day. I don't tend to restart manually a lot. But even doing that doesn't help me to make it better.

Here's some info on my computer for you:

System
Manufacture: Hewlett-Packard Company
Model: p6330f
Rating: 4.8
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 2.93 GHz
530 @ 2.93 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.87 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

...if you need more, tell me how to get to it and I'll give it to you.

Edit: I forgot to add that it's relatively new, purchased in March and running Windows 7

To me, it sounds like the Tempature Alarm that's set on the Motherboard. Open up your case when it's on and see if the Case Fans/CPU Fan is working properly, but, before you open up you computer make sure that it won't void your warranty, if it does, then you'll be needing to send it in to HP to get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back