Glitched Images appearing only on web comics and the steam store

I have no clue where to go from here. My tech buddies and I have tried every physical thing to my machine and nothing has worked. We tried swapping out the graphics card and the ram; no change. We tried ethernet over wifi and still nothing. We thought it was a heating issue, but as that was fixed to, the glitched images still happened. I think certain sites are conflicting with my computer and it doesn't have the software it needs to correct this.

My specs are:
Itel Core Duo x2 E8400@3.00
4gb ram
windows 7 professional x64
Nvidia GF asus EN210 Silent 1gb

PS: I've tried re-installing steam and nope. These artifacts do not happen anywhere else on my computer. However, the computer is refurbished. The Attached files are the images I speak of.

Attachments

• Glitch pic 1.png
    Glitch pic 1.png
    972.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Glitch pic 2.png
    Glitch pic 2.png
    857.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Glitch pic 3.png
    Glitch pic 3.png
    877.4 KB · Views: 1
Update: Re-installing steam for a second time did work. Also strange enough, installing mozilla and going to the same comic page again has magically fixed what the glitched bug is.... for mozilla only. Chrome is still having the same problems as it did before.

Deleting my cached seems to help fix it. But I've seen the webcomics and steam store artifacts come back after a time again

Back