Glitches in games that were not there a couple of months ago

So yeah, I fired up my pc for the first time in a while and I installed mass effect 1. Didn't exactly work well, but it ran- the only problems were some strange graphical glitches. At times, when my character turned in the wrong direction, or went to the wrong location, large portions of the display would drop out

I thought, fine- its an old game, and I'm on windows 7 running on a pc I built myself. I'm lucky it plays at all.

BUT today I tried to play fallout 3, and I'm getting the same kinds of graphical problems. I fired up skyrim, and that's the same. Both of these games worked perfectly well a couple of months ago, so I'm guessing its either a windows update, or a catalyst control problem... but I don't know what

Can anyone help?

I'm running Win 7 64 and a ATI HD 4350 graphics card, along with a last generation intel Core 2 duo quad core processor

many thanks

[FONT=Arial]Have you tried rolling back your display drivers? I'd try that if you weren't having these problems with previous drivers, then I'd check the integrity of the cable and connection to the monitor, maybe even test if the problem persists when using another monitor on the system. Are you getting any unusual beeps at startup? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Stick around and see what the more knowledgeable members have to say. I'm hoping that the symptom you've described does not indicate a more serious hardware issue -- like a failing PSU or GPU. [/FONT]

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I suppose your windows was updated or some thing like that, maybe try compatibility settings or re-install your game. If nothing works you can restore your system to by pressing F8 on startup(It will cancel all updates done recently and also remove any recent installations.).

Back