GOG summer sale goes live with more than 3,500 deals

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: The first official day of summer is just a couple of weeks away, but GOG is gearing up early with the launch of its annual summer sale. There's a lot to digest but fortunately, GOG has broken down its more than 3,500+ deals into a variety of categories including decade.

The 80s collection includes Metal Gear for $4.19 as well as 65 percent off Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and 75 percent off Personal Nightmare.

Fans of 90s games have plenty to choose from as well. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Total Annihilation: Commander Pack are down to $2.49 each while Myst Masterpiece Edition is going for $2.39 and Thief Gold is down to $0.97. Highlights from the 2000s include Silent Hill 4: The Room for $6.99, Unreal Tournament GOTY for $1.99 after an 80 percent discount and Tomb Raider: Anniversary for only $0.98.

Those looking to play something a bit newer might consider This War of Mine for $3.99, Surviving Mars for $7.49, PC Building Simulator for $7.99 and No Man's Sky for $26.99 after an instant 55 percent price cut. Deals from the current decade include 70 percent off Control Ultimate Edition, half off Psychonauts 2 and 75 percent off Shenmue III, bringing the price down to only $7.49.

For a limited time, you can also pick up a copy of Sanitarium absolutely free. This classic psychological horror adventure game arrived way back in 1998 and normally commands $9.99. You'll want to keep your eyes peeled over the coming weeks as GOG will have more daily deals to come.

The GOG summer sale runs through June 27.

Permalink to story.

I like GoG and I've enjoyed using Galaxy 2.0 (it's not needed to run games), but lately with GoG they've been pushing "recommended games" and the addition of "Discover" and moving your library on the left menu down and putting the store menu options at the top.

I liked Galaxy 2.0 before these changes, now it's starting to grate on my nerves. Valve is constantly pushing their garbage changes and advertising into nearly every corner of Steam that I detest Steam now and don't buy anything from there anymore. Yet, GoG is slowly starting to turn into Steam with their changes to Galaxy 2.0 and it's bugging me.

The only real saving grace for GoG is the no need for a DRM. You can purchase games and download them and run them without using Galaxy 2.0, Steam you need it to launch your games regardless if you play online or offline.

For those interested, Alien: Isolation has just hit GOG, with all DLC included and is a part of this sale.

Yet, GoG is slowly starting to turn into Steam with their changes to Galaxy 2.0 and it's bugging me.
You don't have to use Galaxy. It is entirely optional. Hardly Steam-like..

Back