Good CPU/Board/RAM for GeForce 750Ti?

megabomination

Hi peoples. Im looking at getting back into gaming on pc and also wanting to run some CAD software etc...
I have a Geforce GTX750ti GPU and am wanting to build around it for now and even make it the 'bottle neck' in my system so I can simply upgrade card one day if I wish.
Im only looking at ideally replacing CPU,BOARD AND RAM but am open to the idea of replacing other items only if its a must.
Im currently using the following:
OS- Windows 7 home 32 (Tried W10 but went back to 7.Could go back to 10 if recommended)
CPU- Core2 Quad Q9550 @2.83Ghz
GPU- Geforce GTX750Ti
PSU- Silverstone SST-ST50F-230 (500w)
Board- ASUS PG41T-M LX
RAM - 4G Generic
Sound-ASUS Xonar DGX PCIE 5.1
HDD- Samsung HD501LJ 500Gb
Any advice appreciated :)

...[ ]....OS- Windows 7 home 32 (Tried W10 but went back to 7.Could go back to 10 if recommended)...[ ]....
You would be in way better shape if you were running Win 7 64 bit. Unfortunately that wouldn't be an option ATM for you. (I don't think). The new systems are "happiest"(?), with something like 8 to 16Gbs of RAM. Obviously a 32 bit OS limits you to 4Gb.

However, if you're going to go with a "this year's model". Intel or AMD CPU, you'll likely have Windows 10 forced on you.

I just built a rig with an i5 6600K & 170 chipset board at the end of the model run, (fall '16), and I had Win Pro 64 bit laying around.

Allegedly, all the new CPUs won't work(?) with Win 7. There was a fairly simple work-around with Intel's Skylake offerings, which involved installing the OS the old fashioned way, with a PS-2 keyboard, a DVD drive, and obviously, a Windows DVD.

I'm not sure what the limitations or issues will be with new stock boards & CPUs, but it may involve makers simply not bothering to write Win 7 drivers. Best to investigate those issues.

Im thinking of just getting an xbox1-s . I dont think I can be bothered anymore!? Ill need to pay to get wifi installed etc...
What happened to buying a game, loading it and playing it?

Im thinking of just getting an xbox1-s . I dont think I can be bothered anymore!? Ill need to pay to get wifi installed etc...
What happened to buying a game, loading it and playing it?
Well, things have changed, that's for sure. Are you sure you're not willing to catch up, instead of just giving up?

You can still but Win 7 Pro 64 bit from Newegg. I figure that's a good start.. (y) Better hurry though! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832416804

Back