Good ping but sudden loss of internet

I get a good and stable ping(around 40 ms) but I lose internet all of a sudden.Though I lose internet connection the ping doesn't change (it still remains as 40 ms).Only my laptop has this issue.This problem doesn't occur when I use other device with the same WiFi/LAN connection.I have checked the proxy server as well and it doesn't get turned off.
Please help me as I am a student and I am losing a lot of time because of this.Thank you

Attachments

• problem.PNG
    problem.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cmd.PNG
    cmd.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
That 172.16.2.30 looks like an address on your LAN -- show pc connection using IPCONFIG

the GATEWAY address show will be your router address and if you can't ping that, look for bad cables followed by deleting any PROXY configuration

Your router is at 10.117.8.2 and you should be able to ping that all day long.

Next try the google DNS address ping 8.8.8.8

So then test your DNS name resolution with ping dns.google.com

All three working says your system is just find, so where did you get the 172.16.2.30??
It's not a public address so you, some app or fiend has been twiddling your network

If this could help identify the problem,this is from a live streaming platform.

Attachments

• hotstar.PNG
    hotstar.PNG
    90.5 KB · Views: 4
  • hotstar2.PNG
    hotstar2.PNG
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
The hotstar* data shows NO routing or internet config info so they are useless to me.

jobeard said:
172.16.2.30 is my college WiFi's hostname.
The ping is good yet it disconnects from the network in the middle.
Don't put words in my mouth as I never said anything like that.

Your router address of 10.117.8.2 is unusual as typically the suffix is .1 or .254, but anything other than .0 or .255 will work. With your address, are you connected to another upstream router which is connected to the ISP.

Btw: whatever device is at 172.16.2.30 , it will never properly connect to your router at 10.117.8.2 as it is not on the same subnet and there is no route available (unless you manually create it).

Only my laptop has this issue.This problem doesn't occur when I use other device with the same WiFi/LAN connection.I have checked...
Hmm; that doesn't jive with my decades of network experience. Could you show me some IPCONFIG info from those other devices -- perhaps even a TRACERT -d 172.16.2.30.

Your really have my interest peaked...

Back