Google ALWAYS crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbug

I am now being forced to use ASK as homepage because everytime i search for something on google it crashes, it does the same on safari, firefox, chrome and even internet explorer!
It lets me search for images and maps fine but web search crashes every single time, how can i stop this problem as i'm missing google!

Thanks for any help!

How are you accessing the Google search?
Do you use the Google Toolbar? If yes, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling it?

If you use the Toolbar, have you tried removing the Options set on it? Click circle on far right> Options> UNCHECK everything except Search Box. If that handlers the problems, then it means one of the Options you have enabled is causing a conflict.

And when you say "crash", what happens?

Hello Bobbye, thanks for replying, i don't use toolbar on ANY toolbers on any of my browsers, crashing meaning the programme says it needs to close, do you wish to send error report, etc!

I'm really confused to why this happens... Maybe my computer is a freak! :D

Please look for Errors in the Event Viewer that are corresponding to the time of the Google crash:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Double click on the Error>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on crash.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1041
Date: 25/05/2009
Time: 22:49:12
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: GEORGE
Description:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 18/04/2009
Time: 22:04:21
User: N/A
Computer: GEORGE
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
PciCon

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Good job:
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1041

Description:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} is associated with Internet Explorer 8. The Guid in the registery is under
GPExtensions. (Group Policy)
The errors come in groups of 4 and all point to the GPExtensions guids. The message has to do with group policy. The following can fix this, but it requires a regedit. Please back up the Registry first, before making any changes:

Start> Run> cmd> type in regedit click [OK]
Locate this Key:

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions=
Delete this entry in the right pane/window
"{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}",,0x00000000,"Internet Explorer
Machine Accelerators"

Close the Registry Editor and Run disk clean up then run a clean up with
this tool:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5156-ccleaner-slim.html
Then this command:
sfc /scannow

How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7026
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
PciCon
Device Manager or Windows just warning you it cannot load it. It's probably a modem card which hasn't had the correct drivers installed. Either you have a card in one of your PCI slots which you need to either remove or set up properly, or you may have an on-board modem which needs to be disabled in the BIOS.
There is also a programs named PC Icon Editor which is a tool designed to Create, Edit, and Manage Windows icons, cursors, and Icon Library files.

Open the device Manager: Control Panel> System> Hardware tab> Device Manager> look for any yellow triangles with black ! points in the PCI categories. That will be the driver that isn't loading.

Thank you fastco. Most of it is a lot of searching, followed by copy and paste. I think the Event Viewer is one of the most underused tools! I can't read minidumps and have found that the Event Viewer can be used once the user knows how.

Yes Sir I've been reading up on the event viewer. Very useful but a little difficult to navigate without a little practice. I learn something new every day on these forums thanks to people like you! Much appreciated.

I'm going to leave this description of the Event viewer. I hope you find it helpful. It should make navigating easier.

Description of the Event Viewer:
Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem: The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer.

There are three sets of logs:
[1]System
[2]Applications
[3]Security
By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
[1] Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
[2] Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
[3] Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should.

Each Errors has three parts:
[1] ID#
[2] Source
[3] Description
By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.

Please do not copy the entire Event log.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

You're welcome. I thought I had that here somewhere but couldn't find it. Maybe should have put it on "Off Topic" board- I get into trouble for things like that! But since it was recommended to edbug, I thought it might be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back