Google Glass now supports prescription lenses, add-on costs $225

Scorpus

Staff member
Today, Google has finally answered the calls of those who require prescription eyewear to see, launching a new add-on for Google Glass that allows corrective lenses to be used with the high-tech eyepiece. The four frames are available now for...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/55469-google-glass-now-supports-prescription-lenses-add-on-costs-225.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

GhostRyder

Cool, im glad they are adding things like that to the glass lineup to expand its uses and user base. I still however wish these would get out of the "Developer" stage and move to the mainstream market so we could get them for a reasonable price.

I want to see these in the near future in a full release.

G

Ooh! I'd love to spend an extra $225 to get monitored by the NSA 24/7

R

Raoul Duke

All I need, something that obstructs a very major portion of my right eyes vision

MilwaukeeMike

I think attaching it to a pair of glasses is a great way to help disguise it. With any luck some people won't notice it and realize what a fool you look like.

Gaara

Cool so I can go to the Movie with any problem and if there is any problem I will sue the movie theater

Adhmuz

Worse marketing photo ever, makes me want to slap that silly thing off that womens face. And you'd still need a second pair of glasses for driving your car, so people with subscriptions get double screwed, go Google glass!

G

Despite my tinfoil hat I would actually like the product if it didn't look so ridiculous. Of course even if it looked good, I wouldn't use it. :x

Offtopic: Everytime I post I have to answer a question to prove I'm human. Once in a while this question comes up: "What's the latest major version of the Windows OS?"

I always think Windows 7, then I remember the monotonicity that is Windows 8. :p

cliffordcooley

Despite my tinfoil hat I would actually like the product if it didn't look so ridiculous.
Tell me how exactly someone is to wear a computing device on the side of their head, without it looking as you say ridiculous?

I think I would rather have Google Glass despite my hatred for Google, than continuously hold a smart phone. To me holding a phone in your hand all day is just as silly as wearing it on your glasses. The only question is if you are willing to do one or the other.

G

I don't see any reason to say that it looks stupid. How about those who wear headphones and bluetooth in public places.. do they look smart?

G

Oh boy this nonsense is just getting out of hand. Maybe just duct tape one of those rubbish tablets to your face or something.

Latest posts